8 | So Close Yet So Far

DOCTOR BIEBER | eight.

S.

"Hi, is Doctor Bieber in?" I asked the receptionist in the medical practice.

"Why do you want to know?" The receptionist asked me. She looked at her nails and chewed a piece of gum obnoxiously. I took a moment to look at her appearance. She was the typical blonde female receptionist you see in movies or shows.

"Don't worry about it," I smiled, "Can you tell Doctor Bieber that Sienna is here?" I asked her politely.

"Sure, whatever," she rolled her eyes and got up from the chair. As she walked away, I turned around and looked at the empty reception room.

"She wanted me to tell you that she was here. I don't even know why you'd care, but whatever," I heard the blonde receptionist day. I rolled my eyes and then saw a photo that caught my eyes. I walked closer to the wall and saw Ryan and Justin with huge smiles on their faces. It was cute.

"What'd she say her name was?" I heard Justin ask.

"Sienna, I think," the receptionist said.

"Sienna?" I heard excitement in Justin's voice.

I walked back to the desk and waited patiently.

"You made it," Justin smiled as he engulfed me in a large hug causing me to smile.

"Justin, you're acting as if you didn't just see me a few hours ago," I laughed as he lift me off the ground. I looked behind Justin and saw the receptionist with a confused, yet jealous look on her face.

"I know, but I've missed you," he put down then bent down and pressed his lips on mine. I smiled once he pulled away.

"You're such a sap," I giggled.

"A cute sap?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Definitely," I laughed.

"Brittany, I'm going out for lunch. I'll be back later," Justin told Britany. I looked at her quickly and saw that she glaring at me. I let out a small laugh then wrapped my arm around Justin's waist as he put his arm around me.

"Where do you want to go eat?" he asked me.

"I don't know," I shrugged my shoulders, "What about that cafe near my place?" I asked him.

"Sounds good," he said. "I still feel really bad about everything," he sighed as we walked out of the medical building.

"It's fine. It was a stupid lie, a very stupid lie, but you're all forgiven," I giggled. "I still don't really understand why you lied though. I think it's cool that you're a doctor, why did it matter if I knew or not?" I questioned out of curiosity.

"It's just that," he paused for a moment, "This girl that I dated for a few years, she knew I was a doctor, she knew I was planning to have my own practice one day and she took advantage. She knew I could afford a lot so she constantly spent my money, constantly begged me to shower her in materialistic things, plus the relationship wasn't too great. It was toxic," he said. I nodded my head ever so slightly as I listened to him speak.

"We thought one day we'd get married, but I knew it wasn't right. I broke things off, but ever since then, I was always nervous to tell people my profession. It's stupid, I know, but it's the small things that hurt too, y'know?" he said as we walked down the block.