0.4 : pack

The only sound that could be heard in the small town of Beacon Hills was the humming of crickets and the passing of wet tires every few minutes. The dim street light above me illuminated me just enough that I could see my shaking hands. I couldn't feel anything; I was numb.

After what happened, I refused carpool offers from both of the Stilinskis. It was nice of them, but I wanted to be left alone.  My head was stuck on the fact that Isaac and Derek were missing, but moreover, weren't human. Stiles had promised that he would explain everything, but I fled from the scene so fast that he didn't have the chance. Now I was wandering the streets aimlessly, dreading the walk back home.

I moved to Beacon Hills thinking that my life would be dull, much like the town was. I never expected any of this to happen. I didn't want this to happen, but reality surely didn't fail to reign down on me.

I didn't know what to think anymore. It felt like my mind was on the verge of exploding from the pressure, the crickets mocking me with the sound of their legs.
I run a hand through my hair, pacing around. I couldn't take all of this sudden confusion.

I feel a tear stroll down my face, followed by another, and another. It was all too much- My parents, the town. I cover my face with my hands, getting them drenched in tears while I let out and ugly sob. A few seconds later, I hear more tires approaching. But this time, the sound comes to an abrupt halt. The person rolls down their window and everything is silent for a few seconds, until I hear his voice.

"Carmen."

I don't have to move my hands to know who it was. Derek. I shake my head and take a step back, wiping at my face with the back of my hand, a sudden wave of fear washing over me.

"N-No, get away from me," My heart beats faster by the second. I didn't know who to trust anymore, for all I know, he was planning on killing me. I didn't know what they were, but the claws, eyes, and fur made it obvious that it wasn't favorable.

"I know you're scared," He soothes in a soft voice. "But I can't just let you go home knowing what you know."

"So, what, you take be back to your house and brainwash me or something?" I spit bitterly, my red eyes narrowed. 

"Who do I look like, the men in black?" He exclaims. "Just come back with me, and I'll explain everything tomorrow."

I look around nervously and bite my lip. "Fine."

He opens the door and lets me in, a casual expression on his face for the rest of the drive.

When he told me he was taking me to his lair, I expected it to be some dark, disturbing place filled with instruments of destruction. I was pleasantly surprised. The first thing I noticed upon entry was the giant warehouse window that looked out on the town. The kitchen and sitting area were around the perimeter of the room, and a beamed, spiral staircase in the left corner. A desk was oddly placed in the middle of the home.

"You can sleep in my bed tonight, I'll sleep on the couch." He says plainly, walking over to his couch and plopping down on it.

"What do I tell my brother?"

"Just tell him you're spending the night at a friend's house." He yawns, squirming around a bit before finally finding a comfortable position.

"I don't have any friends," I point out, but by the time the words leave my mouth, Derek is knocked out. I groan and look around. I had no idea where his room was, and I didn't want to go snooping around his house to find it.

Looking behind me, I see the kitchen sitting area and decide to just camp there for the night. I situate myself at one of the end chairs, pulling out my phone to send Piers a text.