1.7 : symbol

"Is that my mom's car?" Scott questions as we all migrate outside. Isaac hadn't separated our hands since he connected them, making me feel warm inside. Everyone had begun going in their respective directions, either by car or on foot. Now, the only people left were Isaac, Allison, Scott, Chris, and I.

"It is-" I stutter out, pulling the keys from my pocket and handing them to him. "Tell her I say thank you when you see her."

He gives me a puzzled look but dismisses it, walking back to talk to Allison and Chris who, conveniently enough, I had a bone to pick with. I disconnect Isaac and I's hands and march over to them, my arms crossed over my chest, an expectant look on my face. Chris sees me and I could see his mood physically drop, sorry now written over his face.

"Carmen, listen-"

"I had plenty of time to listen, you know, when I was held hostage in your basement all day." I shrug, my eyebrows raised. Allison shifts uncomfortably and I shoot her a look of daggers, making her cower away. Scott listened intently with knitted eyebrows, not understanding what I was talking about.

"I-"

"Or before Allison shot us all nearly to death," I laugh sarcastically. "You know, they always make that speech before they kill someone in the movies. I guess Allison just wanted to skip over that part and get straight to it, am I right?"

"I'm sorry, Carmen, okay?!" Allison's voice raises, making me cock an eyebrow. "I- I didn't know . . I thought Gerard was telling me the truth."

"You think that's a good excuse?" I scoff, taking a step towards them.

"Can you please just forgive us so we can move past this? We all made mistakes." She sighs, looking down at her feet.

I look up the ceiling, pretending to ponder for a second before grinning at her. "Absolutely not." I look between the two Argents again, bitterness ridden. "And if you ever so much as lay a finger on me or anyone I care about again, I guarantee," I turn to Chris, "You will be seeing your daughter's head on that stick you shoved up your ass last night."

With that, I spin on my heel and grab at Isaac's hand, walking away from the scene.

"That was a bit harsh, don't you think?" Isaac murmurs, pressing his lips to my temple. Once we're at a reasonable distance from the building, I push on his chest, sending him stumbling backwards the slightest bit.

"Don't think I'm done with you either. I don't exactly think you have a say in this matter, considering you weren't even there." I snap at him, taking him by surprise. "You didn't get chased by them through the woods. You didn't nearly die at their hands like we did. You didn't hang from their ceiling and watch your friend get beat up savagely by Gerard. You don't know anything."

"Carmen, I swear to god I wanted to come. I told Scott that I would, but they needed my help here with the lacrosse game because Jackson was there." Isaac pleads, sorrow written all over his face. "I was going to meet up with you guys, I would never intentionally abandon you like that, and you know it. Scott needed my help even after the game but I turned him down and went to go with you guys. You weren't there."

"So you don't even question it? You just go back on with your life?"

"I thought you guys left without me!" He reasons, tears burning in his eyes. He couldn't stand the girl he loved so much being upset with him. "I thought you guys left, and this entire day I didn't see you was hell for me. I thought you didn't care anymore, or even hated me. It was so hard to focus not knowing where you ran off to, wondering if I would ever see you again. I had no way of knowing what the Argents did to you, I had no idea . ."