2.9 : philosophers

To: Isaac

y aren't you at school today?

Hello?

?????

please answer

isaac

I let out a loud sigh, locking my phone and putting it in my pocket. Isaac hadn't texted me at all today, and as usual, I took it upon myself to freak out. Last time this happened, I found out my boyfriend was attacked by two morphing werewolves, and that wasn't exactly something I wanted to repeat.

I was supposed to meet Nina in this hallway, but she hadn't showed up yet, leaving me sitting here awkwardly, tapping my foot. I look around the hallway once more in case she was here, but instead, my eyes lean on the sneaky Stilinski, who was leaning past a pillar and looking at something. I gather my things and walk up behind him, tapping him on the shoulder.

"Hey," I greet, causing him to turn around. He flicks his eyebrows up as to say "Hello" and turns around again, only to be shot into panic as soon as he does. He rushes to cover his face with his bookbag, but Mr.Stilinski had already seen him, and was now facing us. Why was he here?

"I know what you're thinking," Mr.Stilinski starts, soft eyes trained on his son. "I know you've got all these ideas about patterns and people dying in threes-"

"Murdered," Stiles corrects him, "Sacrificed, actually."

"I got half the state, including the FBI coming in on this. They're not getting away with killing one of our own." Sheriff states. My eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"Dad, they killed Tara," Stiles' voice goes weak at the thought of the lost officer, "You know? How many times had she helped me with my math homework when I had to wait at the station for you?"

"Just-" Sheriff sighs, looking down at his feet. "Just get to class, okay?"

Sheriff walks back to the other 2 officers he was huddled with before, engaging in conversation with them. I look empathetically to Stiles as he began taking off down the hallway.

"I'm sorry if this is a bad time," I start, catching up with him so that we were side by side, "But did I miss something?"

"Lydia found an officer's dead body here yesterday," Stiles explains extremely bluntly, not even bothering to look down at me.

"Oh," I whisper, looking down at our feet as we walked. Suddenly a hand yanked me to the side, and Stiles stopped in his tracks, looking over to me with an eye twitch.

"Carmen, I was waiting for you!" Nina exclaims angrily, tapping her foot. I look weirdly at her, then at Stiles, then back at her.

"This is the wrong hallway," I mutter, annoyance dripping off of my words. "Where's Luke?"

"He found his class. Which is my problem," She pulls out a piece of paper, "I don't know where my first class is."

I glance at it and groan to myself when I saw that she was in my first period class. She was making it really hard to keep her out of this.

"Come on," I nudge her in my direction. Stiles gives me a questioning look, to which I respond to by merely muttering an "I'll explain everything later".

▲▼

"I'm pretty sure I can make Ethan talk."

As soon as Ms.Blake had passed by us as she walked around the room, Scott leaned forward, spilling his newfound plan out at Stiles and I. Nina was thankfully sitting across the room, so she couldn't hear anything that was happening between the 3 of us.