6.8 : safe

▲▼

▲▼

      When she fell through the breach, she was back at the Lahey household, but this time, things were completely different than the way she'd left them. Instead of the sky being blue and the atmosphere being chirpy like before, everything was dark. The sky was an eery dark gray and the house was covered in shadows as many of the demon-like things from before flew all around the perimeter of the home. Yet, the sun scarily remained a vibrant, beaming yellow.

Carmen didn't time to check out her surroundings. For all she knew, it could have been a day back on earth already; She had to move fast if she was planning on saving three people.

She gulped nervously and took off running towards the front double doors of the home, slamming them behind her. She could hear the clicking of the demons hot on her trail, and as soon as she passed through the doorway, she pressed her body against the door in an attempt to keep them out. They banged against it violently and with her withering strength, she was finding it hard to keep it closed.

Keeping on hand firmly pressed on the door, she dropped the duffel bag to the ground and unzipped it with her other hand, busying herself with rummaging through it to find something to help. Her hand brushed over a crowbar and without a moment of hesitation, she stabbed it between the handles, making it temporarily impossible to open.

She rushed to get the bag closed again while she simultaneously ran down the stairs to the basement, closing that door behind her as well just in case. To her relief, Isaac still sat against the fridge, his head in his arms as he whispered a mantra to himself.

"Isaac!" Carmen hissed, running over to him. His wrist was still bound to the fridge with the purple wolfsbane chains that she no longer had a reason to fear.

Isaac's head whipped up at the sound of her voice and his body went rigid, eyes wide with disbelief. "C-Carmen, why are you here? Why are you back here, I-"

She dropped to her knees alongside him and smashed her lips to his, her hands locked on the sides of his face. When she pulled away, she said nothing as she began to look through the bag again for something to help her break the chains.

She pulled out random objects, allowing them to clatter to the ground loudly before she finally pulled out a pair of pliers, the initials on it reading Argent.

She grabbed Isaac's wrist, bringing the chain closer to her. With her other hand, she attempted to break the chains apart, a sigh of relief leaving her mouth when it worked and the metal began to split from where they connected. It took less than a minute to free him, the chains that held him down clanking to the ground. Isaac let out a loud, exasperated laugh as he lunged towards Carmen, enveloping her in a tight, comforting hug that they both needed.

"Oh my god, I love you so much," He sobbed into her shoulder, holding her close, "H-How did you do that!?"

"That doesn't matter," She chuckled happily, parting from him and rushing to put everything back in the bag. "We need to-"