Chapter One

Sometimes I wonder if my life is actually planned out already or if the powers that be are playing catch up and working on it as I go along. There has just been too much shįt in my life to go wrong for me to ever be convinced that someone wrote it all out, looked at it, and nodded their head like, "This is perfect let's put it in motion." I mean maybe it's because I've never been huge on religion or belief but damn. I'm a good person, more or less, I'm nice to people, give or take a few incidents, I deserve good things to happen to me too don't I?

Take my best friend for instance. She spends her entire life helping others, I mean she even becomes a nurse for Christ's sake and guess what? Bad shit happens to her but everything falls into place for her in the end. At the end of the day she has a man by her side who loves her, a readymade family; even if they are a bunch of wolves, and most of all she has me. I mean how could her life get any better? Don't get me wrong I love her dearly and she deserves it but can I get some of that good karma too? Damn!

I've been on my own for the past seven years, aside from Dylan I have no one. Not that I need anybody else, my boy toys keep me plenty busy, but that only goes so far. There are times when I want more, when I dream of having the steady stable lifestyle my best friend seems to sometimes take for granted. But then I wake up, roll over, fuck the brains out of whomever is in my bed, and then show them the door.

I learned a long time ago that dwelling on the shoulda coulda woulda's in life only leave you with a head full of regret. The best thing you can do for yourself in any situation is keep moving forward. Don't ever look back, what's behind you is there for a reason.

I feel my energy start to wain as a nagging vibration below me snatches me from my meditation. Sighing I try and find my center as I float back to the ground so I don't bust my ass...again. Grabbing my phone I expect to see Dylan's, or D-Rose as I call her, name across the screen but instead I'm greeted with an unwelcomed surprise.

Last Tuesday (2 stars): Hey, what's up it's been awhile

"And it's going to be even longer than that," I mumble before deleting the message and placing my phone back beside me.

Just as I cross my legs and close my eyes there's a strong knock on my front door. Groaning I get up and trudge over to the wooden barrier, annoyed as all hell and griping all the way how it better not be Tuesday's wack aŝs at my door. Swinging the door open so fast the blow back whips my hair, I'm greeted with a much better sight than the one I had feared.

He's tall, maybe six-one, built like a soldier, with dark hair, tan skin, and hazel eyes so beautiful they could rival my best friend's. I definitely take back all of that shit I was talking earlier. I'm pretty sure my helping of good karma just arrived on my doorstep. UPS couldn't have delivered him faster.

Thanking the heavens I'm wearing my curve hugging yoga pants and crop top I lean against the door sticking my hip out slightly. "What can I help you with?" I drawl seductively, licking my lips.

"Ego sum familiaris. Uti me," he replies in a dialect I can't place.

My eyes light up at the prospect of him being foreign. Could my luck get any freaking better? I love it when men talk to me in another language, everything sounds ten times hotter.

Concentrating I try and read his mind, hoping for a mental picture of what he's trying to say but I don't get anything. It's not even like the wall that kid Dylan hangs out with puts up it's literally nothing. I'm even more intrigued by him now and take in his features again. This time without the haze of lust covering my eyes I see into his and realize they're blank. I look into the light brown pools and see nothing, zip, zilch. I might as well be standing on this porch alone. Deciding he must be high on some sort of drug I sigh at the lost prospect. He would've been a damned good addition to the roster too.

"There's a hospital not too far down the road sir I'm sure they can help you there," I say slowly hoping but not really caring if he can understand me or not. I turn around to walk back into my house only to feel him grip my forearm with such force I stop dead in my tracks. My eyes go wide as I turn back to him.

"Ego sum familiaris. Uti me," he presses again, this time there's a distinct pleading in his voice.

I struggle to hold back the urge to set him ablaze where he stands and instead pry his hand off of my arm.

"Sir," I warn through gritted teeth, "I'd advise you not to touch me again and get the fůck off my porch."

Watching him as I walk backwards this time he reaches for me again and off instinct I blast him back. He flies down the stairs and lands with a sickening crack before I can try and stop him. His neck is twisted in an unsightly position as are his legs. Panic washes over me as I watch for any signs of life. When he doesn't get up I look up and down the street in terror.

"Shįt!" I curse running into the house, my door slamming behind me. "Do I call the police? An ambulance? Dylan? Shįt! I don't know what to do. I'm pretty sure I just killed him! Fůck!"

As I search frantically for my phone hard knocks sound from the door making my heart stop in my chest. Somebody must've called the cops.

You really did it this time Andrea you're going to the big house bįtch. A part of me wants to try teleporting out of here, even though I haven't mastered it, it's worth a try. I'd rather end up in a void than in jail.

Breathing out slowly I quiet my mind and try to relax. Easing to the door I force my hand to stop shaking as I grab for the knob. I can handle prison, no big deal. With my powers, give me a few hours and I'll be running the place. I hope Dylan comes to visit and brings my god kids if she has any.

Pushing my barbwire fenced future out of my mind I put on my big girl panties and swing the door open with no hesitation. My breath catches in my throat but not before I hear.

"Ego sum familiaris. Uti me."

**~****~****~****~****~****~****~****~****~****~**

What's up my good people!!!!

I want to thank yall for over 500 followers and 100k reads on Awake!!! Yall I'm really bugging and I love yall SO SO much for making my dreams come true and giving me the confidence to put things in motion!!!

Hopefully yall enjoyed the chapter! I'm super excited about writing from Andrea's perspective, she's one of my favorite characters so I'm pretty pumped to get in her head. 

I went with Dej Loaf - Back Up because it's SO Dre lol she's this song personified!! There's a lot more than what meets the eye to this free spirit so if yall will allow me to take you on her journey you won't regret it :)

Also, I'm not sure if the Latin is correct I got it off of Google Translate lol It's supposed to mean "I am your familiar. Use me." so if it's wrong blame Google.

Love yall!!!

Until Next Time,

WBN