Chapter Twelve

Funny thing about Warin and I's telekinetic bond – it works at the most inopportune times. We've discovered – quite recently in fact – that he can teleport to me if I feel like I need him. I assume it's sporadic like most of the features of our bond but it seems in times of high duress he can teleport to me. Although I can imagine the benefits of it, I can't see the usefulness after what happened this morning.

I was about to get into the shower after one of our training sessions. Although we are witches, sometimes a swift right hook works better than an incantation so we worked on hand to hand combat today. After working up quite the sweat, I stopped off at my room to grab a change of clothes for the shower. Almost as soon as I'd undressed and placed my fresh clothes on the counter I turned around to come face to face with the biggest nastiest asŝ spider that I've ever seen. I'm not afraid of many things but spiders, baby, spiders I do not under any circumstances fůck with.

A scream left my throat as I flinched so hard I hurt my back, jumping a mile away from the vile beast. Before I could register what was happening, Warin poofed – for lack of a better word – into the room making me scream again. Suddenly realizing where he was and that he had no clue how he got there, he screamed as well.

"What in the hell is going on?" he asked, his voice raised in panic, "I was just in the living room, did you bring me here? Why are you screaming? Are you okay?"

I waved my hands, frowning as I moved more into my corner. "Fůck that! Kill that damn tarantula behind you!" I yelled pointing to the wall behind him where the eight legged freak climbed further up the wall.

He turned around on a dime, his shoulders tense, prepared for a fight. The second he's facing the wall his shoulders drop then rise and fall with laughter. He walked over to the wall, making me cringe in fear for his life, squinted at the spider then mushed it dead with his fingertip laughing hysterically the entire time.

"How are you afraid of that tiny-," he tried to get out but his laughter took over, "You're a witch for God's sakes."

My eyes narrowed and within milliseconds I formed a fireball for his laughing asŝ. "You're so annoying! Leave before I burn you at the stake."

He stopped long enough to taunt me as he walked to the door, "You didn't tell that spider that."

"Warin!" I griped, trying my absolute hardest not to give in and laugh.

He threw his hands up as he walked out the door, still laughing. "One thing," he said, popping his head back in the door.

"What?" I asked, barely holding in my laughter.

He licked his lips then grazed his eyes over my body making me very aware that I was still naked. "I feel like I should tell you," he said, finally bringing his eyes back to mine, "You have a really nice rack."

My eyes bulged as the laughter I was holding finally exploded out. Pushing him out the door, I closed it in his face.

"I mean it sincerely," he yelled behind the closed door. "And as your familiar I think I should get familiar with them."

He's so corny but I can't help my love for his sense of humor. I spent the majority of my shower trying to stop giggling. The other bit of time I spent trying to figure out how he got into the bathroom without coming through the door. I can't teleport myself so I damn sure know I couldn't have teleported him. I began to think it was my fear that focused the accuracy of my powers.

Once I got out of the shower I realized that teleportation was one of his powers listed in the registry and groaned. I can only imagine how often this accidental teleportation is going to happen until he can control the power, not to mention the annoyance of our bond related teleportation. It seems it needs to be fine-tuned a bit to only work during serious situations but it'd be just my luck I actually need him and the shįt doesn't work.