Chapter Nineteen

I awake to the sun beaming into my eyes. It takes a minute for the glare over my vision to fade and for everything to come into focus. Andrea's naked body is spread out over the bed, her ankle, hooked over my thigh, is the only part of her touching me. The sliver of space her wild sleeping has left me on the bed makes me smile. She's spread like a starfish, her legs poking out of the sheets, her back exposed by the blanket strewn haphazardly over the both of us.

The bed is a total mess and so are we. Bites and hickeys, wild hair and sweat, hand prints and nail marks. Physical representation of the passion from our moments of pleasure are etched all over our skin. The thought brings a chill over my body, making my abs clench and my crotch stiffen. We drove each other to the brink of sanity last night only to pull each other back in the nick of time, just to do it all over again.

We talked about my recovery for a while, I explained the years of therapy I'd gone through. It's made my life easier but not perfect. We discussed grief counseling and how it's benefitted me and the ways it could help her, then shifted gears and somehow ended up in bed. We'd spent up until a couple of hours ago wrapped around one another, indulging in our love making. The last time, we both came so hard we instantly fell asleep, leading us to this moment.

It's easy enough to maneuver out of the bed, but hard to do considering how beautiful Andrea looks. I grab my phone and quickly snap a picture for my background before leaving the room. I need to get ready and get out of here as soon as possible. If I hurry I can get everything done by the time she gets up if she sleeps in as late as I think she will.

The wood floors creak beneath my feet as I pad to my old room to shower. Since we officially got together we've slowly been turning my old room into a huge closet for the both of us. Andrea wants to just use magic and be done with it, but I like the idea of us doing it together by hand. I think it'll be a good bonding experience for us as a couple. So far, we only have a few random clothing racks with some of each of our stuff on them. We've been so busy lately, we decided that as soon as this Marion shit is done we can focus our attention on building this place up.

Streams of hot water hit my body as I run down the list of changes I want to make to the house. We haven't officially decided to live together once this is all wrapped up, but I can't see myself leaving her and I know for certain she won't be leaving Dylan. I can't say that I mind though, Cynwulf is nice, and if I'm honest I don't have anything waiting for me back home but bad memories and exes I've been dying to get away from.

Stepping out of the shower, I wrap a towel around my waist and head back into the makeshift closet to change. I have to put all thoughts of the future out of my mind for now. At the moment the most important thing is finding the last of the ingredients we need to stop Marion if we want any semblance of a future. Hence why I'm headed home.

It occurred to me that because my parents were a part of the magical world they may have the final elements that we need for Marion's banishing spell. I would of course have to find where they kept everything but after reliving last night's memories I have a pretty good idea of where they are and how to get to them.

My fingers shake slightly as I put on the necklace Matt left me. Just knowing I have to go back to my parents' home has me unbelievably nervous. I moved out of my childhood home as soon as I could but kept the property as it didn't feel right to sell it. Today will be my first time going back there in more than seven years. I hope I can handle going back on my own. I'd like to bring Andrea but she's sleeping so peacefully I can't disturb her. Besides, I feel like this is something I need to do alone, especially if I'm unsuccessful.

I've got a meeting set with a woman at a gem and incense shop in York who says she has what we need just in case the search of my parents' place is a bust. Andrea's going to kill me for leaving the city alone, but I'll be back before she wakes up and to top it off I'll have the final ingredients for the spell. It's safer for me to go alone anyway, I'm not the one Marion is after and who knows if she even knows who I am.