Misery is Bliss

*Just an FYI: this is NOT, I repeat NOT, a poem. But it's something that I thought of, completely on the spot, while I was washing dishes. And, well, it just kinda stuck with me. So I had to publish it immediately because I didn't want to lose it. Yes, this is how I feel/think. No, I don't feel this way all the time. It's only in those times of pure desperation and loneliness.*

Misery is bliss. First off, what is bliss? I don't care how others define it. In fact, I didn't even bother looking up the real definition. All that matters right now is what bliss means to you and to me. So what's my definition of bliss? To me, bliss is the feeling that nothing can go wrong.

When you're like me, insecure and paranoid, you just can't let yourself be happy. As soon as life starts getting good, you find yourself asking "how long until something goes wrong?" or maybe "when will this facade end?" or even "what's the catch?". At least when you're miserable, you aren't waiting for everything to come crashing down. In that state of mind, you feel like you've already lost everything. You're just empty inside. You honestly feel like there's not much worse that can happen. In that one delusional moment, your misery is bliss.