A New Home

• Dedicated to Tom Hiddleston

(Avery POV) 

" I am never riding on one of those mortal air transportation things again!" Loki cried as he walked out p the airport.

 We had made it without anyone finding us. 

I slept most of the way but apparently Loki didn't and had some trouble during the flight.

I chuckled, "we could always go by train if we're in the country"

"Whatever this 'train' is I'm sure it will be better than those planes" Loki said angrily.

"Don't you have anything like that in Asgard?" I asked curiously.

"Well yes, but they're a bit smaller and aren't meant for hundreds of people" Loki said, "besides not many have them and they're more advanced"

I rented a car and got in with Loki. "So this is this kingdom's capital?" Loki asked. 

I nodded "Well we're not exactly a kingdom, but yea pretty much. Cool right?"

"Cool?" Loki asked confused.

 ah right he doesn't get a bunch if things we say here....

"Um., cool is like awesome or great" I explained.

Loki nodded. 

"Doesn't seem as great as New York." he said," building are smaller and more ancient" 

"Don't diss the capital" I said humorously.

"Diss?" he asked

"Never mind" 

We drove past the Washington Monument. 

"What's that?" Loki asked staring at it. 

"That's the Washington Monument"

"Strange structure" he noted. 

"There's a lot of strange things in the US" I said. 

(45 minutes later)

"Well, this is it" I said pulling up at a large house in the middle of the woods.

This house was in the middle of nowhere but I guess that was good since we needed to stay of off SHIELDS radar.

"Not bad" Loki said opening the door of the car.

I had a feeling Earth's houses would never satisfy him since apparently Asgard was so great. 

I turned off the car and walked out of the car and to the front door where Isabel left a key under the doormat. I unlocked it. Loki went in first taking in the view from the inside. There was a large wooden staircase in front of us and a small hallway that led to other parts of the house.

The entrance was pretty big and fancy. 

I had a weird sense that something was wrong. I didn't know why or what but I felt like there was an evil that shouldn't be there. 

It seemed Loki felt it too as he narrowed his eyes and looked around suspiciously. 

Suddenly he pushed me back just in time for an arrow to miss me by centimeters. I fell to the ground. Loki turned quickly and conjured a ball of energy and threw it in the direction of the arrow. He blasted a hole in the wall and a skinny man dressed completely in black armor stepped out of the shadows and did a back flip away from the blast. 

Loki followed him with his eyes and appeared behind him grabbing him from behind. 

Both struggled as I sat up and backed up against the wall. The man threw Loki of off him and Loki fell on his back. The man pulled out a knife and held it to his throat as Loki struggled to not let it reach his neck.

"Who sent you?!" Loki hissed under his breath.

The man snickered but kept quiet. Loki managed to punch him in the face and threw him of off him.

He quickly pinned him down and let an ice sword form from his hand. I assumed that was a frost giant thing.

"Im going to let you live, but tell Thanos that I'm ready to take on whatever he sends" Loki hissed evilly, "and ask him he's afraid to do his own dirty work"

"Who says I work for Thanos?"

The man said mischievously and disappeared from beneath Loki.

Loki dusted himself off.

"A..Are you ok?" I managed to say. 

He nodded.

"I thought you would kill him" I confessed. 

Loki looked at me with sadness in his eyes. 

"I was" he replied simply.

"What...what made you stop?" I dared to ask. 

Was I changing his old ways?

Had he learned to show mercy?

He sighed but didn't reply. 

"Who was that guy?" I asked after a long moment of silence. 

Loki walked upstairs and I followed. 

"I don't care who that low life is I care about who he works for" Loki replied bitterly.

"But you know don't you?" 

Loki nodded. 

"of course I know, I have to know my enemies now don't I" He replied, "We're not safe here" 

"We're not safe anywhere" 

"True" Loki responded walking into one of the rooms upstairs. 

"We just have to be more careful" I said. 

He nodded and sat on his bed.

"I'll continue training you here" Loki told me, "if you're staying with me you have to learn to defend yourself"  

I nodded, "of course I'm staying with you. What makes you think I won't?" I demanded

"Nothing but I wont blame you if you leave" Loki replied calmly, "Everyone does in the end" 

I stood in front of Loki

"I'm not everyone, and I will never leave you" I promised.

Loki gave me a weak smile. 

I wish he would tell me what's on his mind. 

Why he's so hurt....

What he's so afraid of....

And what really happened in New York when he attacked?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hiya! Sorry its a bit short but hope you like it! 

Thanks for all the comments it inspires me to keep writing:)

SO IM GOING TO THE MIDNIGHT PREMEIR OF THOR; THE DARK WORLD TONIGHT! IM SO EXCITED!! 

dont worry i wont spoil anything for those who haven't seen it yet:) THose who have PM me so we can fangirl together (but tomorrow)