Powerless

(Loki POV) 

I remained awake the rest of the night watching over Avery. A few agents walked by at random hours of the night but none looked upon me and I paid no heed to them.

I had only been a night but I felt like I'd been here weeks already. 

Once again I'd been locked up like a beast. 

Avery woke up a few minutes later but hadn't said a word. As if she didn't know if it was alright to speak to me right now.

I looked up to see Bruce Banner himself once again standing in front of my cell looking all smug and proud of himself. 

"What do you want?" I sneered. A few agents stood behind him. He unlocked the cell and came in. 

"Well, you still seem to have magic" He said, "I don't like that" 

I rolled my eyes, "nothing you can do about that" 

"You'd be surprised what modern science can do these days" He said taking a few steps closer. 

"what's going on?" Avery asked. 

As she asked the agents apprehended her and held me down as well. I didn't struggle. I didn't want to. 

What was the point?

"And what can, modern science do these days?" I asked sounding bored. 

"Lets just say that I've experimented a little and found a little solution to your Asgardian abilities" He said taking out a syringe, "I'm going to inject you with this, and see if you have any powers afterwards" 

"I'm locked up, what's the use of this?!" I argued, "and I'm not Asgardian!" 

"You escaped last time" Banner said simply, "and it makes no difference were you're from it should work either way" 

I tried pulling away from the agents holding me to the ground at the last minute but they were strong. 

Bruce injected the serum into my arm then took a few step backs. I felt like my arm was burning on the inside. 

I was a Frost Giant, this much heat hurt me. 

The agents let me go and left the cage. Banner stayed behind observing me. 

I stood up cautiously only to fall to the ground in pain. I instantly felt nauseous and sick. My body was burning up

"Loki!" Avery ran to me and tried to help me.

"What have you done!?" I snarled. I held in a cry.

"The effects shouldn't be permanent if it works" Banner explained, 'you should only be powerless for a few weeks at most" 

"I'm not your damn guinea pig!" I spat trying to freeze my arm as Frost Giants can do. 

The heat had spread through most of me and I'd been sweating for a while now.

"Don't take it personally Loki, orders are orders" Bruce said.

I looked up at him hatefully before passing out in pain. 

(still Loki POV)

I woke up groaning in pain.

"Loki" Avery whispered smoothly, "you're awake" 

"How long was I out?"

"About a day" 

I sat up. The burning feeling had left and I felt normal.

"Did their serum work?" Avery asked.

"Let's test that out" I stood up and held my hand out expecting a blast of energy to escape through my fingertips.