Powerless part 2

(Avery POV)

I sat on the other side of the cell just watching Loki lost in thought. He hadn't spoken in hours. It had already been 5 days and the only time someone's come in here was with food, which I may add wasn't very appetizing. 

I felt as if I were actually helping Loki. Like he'd changed since I met him. At first I had absolutely no effect on him what so ever, but recently I've been noticing a more.... human side of him. But then just as quickly as it surfaces it disappears all over again.

Loki seemed very vulnerable without his magic. A bit like he was when I first met him. 

I lay my head back on the glass bored. SHIELD hadn't even given me even a single magazine to read. I'd been sitting here with Loki and he hadn't said a thing for hours.

I wondered what he was thinking so deeply about. He just stared into space with no emotion on his face. 

With nothing else to do I just examined the facial features. His well-defined cheekbones. His eyes...those perfect green eyes that I always lost myself to. He sighed and laid his head back on the glass too. I noticed his expressionless face. That look that protects him from showing that he truly is. From letting people in.  That look that he pretends makes everything he feels inside vanish when it really just eats him away from the inside out. If only I could tear down that wall he's built around his heart. 

God that man was beautiful. And as much as I'd like to deny it, I'm falling for him.

Hard. 

Well, I'm done being bored. I got up and walked over to him sitting next to him. 

"You okay?" I asked.

He looked into my eyes for a split second and then looked down. 

"Mhm" He said, "you? What have you been thinking about over there?" He asked. 

I blushed. I'd been thinking about him... 

"Nothing " I lied. 

His eyes pierced mine. 

"You know you turn the loveliest shade of pink when you lie to me" He whispered, "I'm the God of lies, love, try again" 

I looked away from his eyes in embarrassment. 

One of these days Ill get away with a lie. 

"Umm..." I hesitated.

"I'm only teasing love" He chuckled. 

I kept silent for a bit.

"Have you been thinking of a plan?" I asked.

"What do you think I've been doing the past few hours?" He said.

"Well?" 

"It won't work as long as we're being watched" He said. I looked around. There are no cameras how do you know we're being watched.

"Obviously they're hidden" He said calmly, "they wouldn't keep a war criminal in the middle of SHIELD with out supervision"

Right...

"So what are we going to do then?" I asked.

"Well seeing as how I was told not to get caught again I'm sure someone will come and get me soon" He sighed.

"Who?" Someone helped him escape last time? Well this was news.

"Remember New York? Of course you do, I had that alien army at my disposal but I had help" He confessed, "Lets just say I owe important people a lot"