Punished

(Avery POV)

Loki and I sat side by side on the cell floor. He was asleep with his head leaning against the glass. I had my head rested upon his shoulder, but I couldn't sleep.

I wondered how long we would be here. Surely they've already thought of something to do with us.

As if on cue Director Fury and Natasha Romanof walked into the room and stood outside the cell. I shook Loki awake and stood up. He stood as well and eyed them both suspiciously.

"What do you want?" Loki said bitterly.

"We've come to an agreement on what to do with you" the Director replied.

"Agreement?" Loki asked curiously, "was not the plan to kill me anyways?" 

"Too easy for you" Natasha scoffed, "death would be merciful for a monster like you" 

"He's not a monster!" I protested. No one seemed to hear me. That or they all decided to ignore me.

"What then?" Loki took a step towards them, "keep me locked up in here? sooner or later, I will find a way out"

"not quite" Fury scowled, "we're keeping you here in SHIELD but you're going to be, lets just say, helping us out on a few missions just to keep you entertained" 

"So you're making me one of your agent of this wretched place?" Loki looked confused and disgusted.

"More like a consultant" Natasha replied, "you'll be with another agent at all times as we don't trust you, no offense" she added. 

Loki nodded understandingly but didn't seem at all happy with this. 

"Where will I be staying then, here?" 

Fury was first to answer, "You will have a room to stay in the helicarrier, which will be guarded" 

"What about me?" I asked.

"You have committed several felonies this past month and therefore have the choice of either going to prison or train as an agent of SHIELD." Natasha said, "I suggest the latter"

I nodded, "fine, SHIELD agent it is. But what of my old job as a nurse?" 

"We've taken care of that, you can choose to train as a field agent or join the medical unit of SHIELD"

"Yea, i'll join the medical unit," I decided. I knew I'd probably get myself killed as a field agent. 

"It's decided then" Fury said, "Agent Romanoff will escort you to your rooms." 

He began to leave but then turned around to face us again.

"And Loki" He added, "If you even think about betraying SHIELD, we will not hesitate to kill you"

Loki chuckled.

"Right" He said doubtfully.

Loki and I followed Natasha across the helicarrier to our rooms. Many agents stared at us along the way but Loki was sure to give them a warning glance to stop looking at us. We stopped at the end of a hallway.

Natasha turned to us and pointed to the door behind her.

"Loki, this is your room" She said, then pointed to the room adjacent, "Miss Reids, your room" 

We nodded. At least they put us close to each other. 

"Report to duty at 6 AM" Natasha said before leaving us behind.

"Well, that could have potentially gone worse" Loki stated.

I nodded in agreement. 

"Its late, I should go sleep a bit since I have to be up before six" I said turning to go to my room but Loki grabbed my wrist and pulled me to him capturing my lips with his, by surprise. I relaxed into the kiss. His lips were cold but soft. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he kept his hand on my waist. Loki was first to pull away. 

"Good night" He smirked.

I blushed. He entered his room leaving me speechless outside the door. 

(Loki POV)

It has been a month since I've been a "consultant" to SHIELD. They'd kept a close watch on me every minute of the day but I learned to ignore the agents following me.

They had gotten rather annoying and I had little to no privacy outside my chambers. They made sure to inject me with the same serum every week to make sure I was still powerless. 

I was not able to see Avery much anymore, as she was always busy training. Sometimes days would go by and I wouldn't see her. But the moments I could spend with her I cherished.

The Other had not made an appearance yet but I knew he would sooner or later. If he comes, or when he comes, I needed to be there for Avery. To protect her.

SHIELD had only used me a few times on missions but I was never given much information or trusted with basically anything. I didn't expect them to trust me. They'd be fools if they did.

I was almost sure that SHIELD wouldn't object to having me killed as I was really of no use to them. My theory as to why I'm still alive is because some of the Avengers seem to not want to "stoop down to my level" by killing me.

Mortals are so amusing. 

It was about 4:30 in the morning and I lay on my bed just thinking. I'd been bored all day and I was getting tired of this tedious life. 

It was the same routine all over again.

Wake up

Get dressed

Report to Nick Fury 

Nick Fury doesn't usually have anything for me to do

Go back to chambers

Wait for Avery to get back that night (if she got back that night)

Go back to sleep

One more day like this, and I was going to go mad. 

I heard a knock on my door. I got up and opened it. It was Avery. 

"Hey' She greeted. 

"Hey"

I opened the door further so she could come in.

"How has your training been?" I asked wrapping my arms around her in a short embrace.

"Fine, it's mostly the same I've been doing in the hospital but with more extreme cases"

I nodded.

"How have you been?" She asked sitting down on a chair. 

"Bored and lonely" I admitted.

"Sorry to hear that" She said.

"What are you doing up this early?" I noticed she looked very tired. She could barely keep her eyes open.

"I couldn't sleep" I could tell she was lying..

I grabbed her hands and led her to my bed.

"Come on you need to rest" 

"Loki I'm fine" 

"No you're not, love" 

I managed to get her into bed and crawl in next to her. 

"Fine but wake me up in an hour, I can't be late" 

She laid her head on my chest and I put my arm over her.

Avery fell fast asleep. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, sorry for the wait!

Let me know what you think:) 

5 days until Tom is 33! Why am I more excited for his birthday than I was for mine? 

Anyways, vote and Comment please!