Chapter Two ⋆

Gravelington, England

18 March 1888

Andrew couldn't believe that his wife was currently laying fast asleep beside him in his bed, it felt so right to know she was in his arms and in the same bed with her. He couldn't stop looking at her face, she snored a little only quiet but it caused a smile to form on his face when he first heard it. He looked down at Gabriella once more and it made him question himself over and over again as to why he was so blind to see what an amazing woman she was for him.

He felt so stupid and ashamed with himself, he knew their marriage didn't start off the way they both would of wanted it to but he should of made the marriage work instead he went broke her heart again and again by sleeping with another woman.

"Stop staring at me" Gabriella suddenly murmured her eyes fluttering open as she woke up, stretching with a yawn and a smile was already on her face and he just couldn't help himself as he leaned in for a kiss leaving them both breathless.

"You expect me to stop looking at something so beautiful, I can't resist" he winked as he sat up, the blush on her cheeks caused him to laugh at his innocent wife but it's what made him like her even more.

"How long have you been awake?" she asked softly as she too sat up in bed, gathering the covers so they covered her body from his view. He wrapped his arm around her naked waist pulling him closer to his body, she tried pushing herself away but he wanted to keep her in his arms forever.

He smiled again, "Only a little...it's still early" he shrugged leaning down for another kiss. They stayed like that for a little while in their own little dream world, they talked about anything and everything until Gabriella's stomach decided at that moment to growl in hunger.

"I think it's time for breakfast!" he exclaimed throwing back the sheets.

"Andrew!" she practically shouted going to grab the sheets to cover her body once again.

He turned round to face her a smirk on her face, "I love how even now you still feel you have to cover your body from me" he said grabbing some new clothes before he turned round the sheet covering her body as she too got out of bed.

"Well unlike you I don't go sleeping with everyone" she said and he looked up at her that shame ashamed feeling from yesterday appearing again but that vanished when he saw the smile on her face. "That was a cheap shot my dear wife!" and then he was running and chasing after her around the room.

They spent the next few weeks in a bubble, a bubble of a finally happy marriage. Gabriella knew she was starting to trust him more than she did before and was certain that her husband was no longer seeing that woman, Pippa Carrington. There was no news on the woman and she knew she hadn't been in their home so she was sure that Andrew had ended their affair.

"I'll be back before dinner Maria, please would you let my husband know where I am if he returns home early" she said smiling at the young woman who returned it with her own. "Of course Mrs Williams-"

"How many times have I got to tell you to call me Gabriella?" still smiling she said.

A sheepish smile now on the maid's face, "Yes, of course Gabriella. Have a nice day with Mr Wim".

"Will do" she said walking off but stopped when she remembered something, "Oh and I just remembered Andrew will be bringing home some guests...the usual suspects I suspect, one of them including Mr Damien Hawthrone" she winked before walking out the house not before catching the blush that formed on the young woman's cheeks.

It didn't take long before she made it to her fathers estate and she was happy to see him. "Sweetheart it is good to see you out and about, how are you feeling?" he questioned as soon as he opened the door to his daughter.

Smiling at her dad, "I'm fine, the best I've been in the last couple of years actually. Andrew...his been there for me dad and he seems like he wants to make things right, we're going to try again" as soon as she said that it seemed like the smile on her dads face dropped.

"Do you think you should try again, I know you really want a baby but I'd hate for you to have to suffer trough all that again. I don't like seeing my daughter in that pain" he told her truthfully. Gabriella smiled at her father, she could understand because there was a part of her that felt like she was going to go through all of that pain again but the other half wanted so desperately to have a child of her own.

Grabbing hold of her fathers hand she continued to smile at him, "I understand but I want to try, I have faith that one day I will get to hold a little baby in my arms" she said and he too smiled weakly at her in return. "Now how about you tell me what you've been up to the last few weeks it's been so long since we've just sat down and talked" she then said sipping on her tea.

"Mr Williams is here" an older maid, Sonia said as she walked into the room, Andrew walking in afterwards his eyes directly staring at his wife as she stared back smiling her and her father stood up to greet him. "I told Maria I would be home in time for dinner" then pecking him on the cheeks.

Andrew smiled, "I know I just thought I would spend some time with my wife and father-in-law before then" sitting down next to his wife, a few moments later Sonia bringing him in another cup of hot tea.

They chatted for a little while longer before the married couple made their way to their home, it was a quite ride but Gabriella enjoyed it and couldn't keep the smile off her face as she looked down at their entwined hands his wedding ring shining in the light. It made her smile turn into a grin as she had never seen him where it before until now.

"This is new" she whispered holding up their hands.

Andrew turned to his wife and shrugged, "It was about time I let the people of Gravelington know I am a married man...something I should have done from the very beginning. Plus I think it sorts me, what do you think?" he smirked.

Gabriella smiled a small blush forming on her cheeks, "I think it suits you...I think it makes my husband look even more handsome than he already is" she winked.

Andrew grinned then "So you do think I'm handsome" her reply was just to roll her eyes which caused him to chuckle as they both returned to the peaceful silence they were in before this time with smiles on their faces.

The last couple of days had been great, Gabriella loved the massive change she had seen in her husband and although it was early days she just hoped that he would keep to his word and be the husband he should of been from the start.

After all having your heart broken by the man you love is hard.

Their marriage wasn't something that had happened because of their love for each other and most people would think she was forgiving him too easily but just because they we're getting along better than before she knew it was still going to take some time for their marriage to work.

This was just the beginning of happiness, the beginning of a happy marriage.

Or so she thought...

Ahhh the second chapter is now rewritten too!

There will be some shorter chapters but as the book goes on some chapters will be even longer!

Currently watching the entire series of Buffy the Vampire Slayer whilst I go back through these chapters. I hope you enjoyed this chapter remember if this sign is on the chapters it means it has been rewritten so there might be some confusion if it doesn't have that on there and you continue to read the book. Sorry for the confusion, the chapters will be rewritten soon!!!

What do you think, vote, add to your library and comment down below.

Much love, laurachelseaa_ xx