Epilogue

Two years later

“Are you ready for your first day of kindergarten?” Celeste asked as she braided Brooklyn’s hair. 

“Uh-huh,” she nodded “It’s going to be so much fun.”

“I’m sure it will be.” she smiled tying the end of the braid with an elastic. “Now why don’t you go on to the kitchen, I’m sure mama has a special ‘first day’ breakfast waiting for you.”

“Okay mommy,” Brook bounced out of her room and toward the kitchen.

Celeste smiled and followed along after her. She was still not quite used to being called mommy even after all these years. She didn’t think she would ever get used to it. At the sound of Brooklyn squealing in delight, Cece picked up the pace. As she walked into the kitchen she spotted Nate chasing his daughter around the table. Well, she wasn’t so little anymore. Brooklyn was five years old now and it was her very first day of school. 

How time flies.

“So,” Celeste began taking a seat next to Jessica at the table. “What about you? Are you ready for you last, first day of high school?”

Jess scoffed “Yes, because I am so looking forward to being called the school slut for another year.”

“I thought that all stopped.”

Jess barked out a harsh laugh. “It never stopped Ce and I’ve learned to just deal with it. You know, roll with the punches and all.”

Celeste was speechless. What was she supposed to say to that, anyway? Jessica had been labeled ‘The School Slut’ three years ago after a date with Hunter. Cece hadn’t found out about that till she had left for college. 

“All because of one date,” said Jess “It’s ridiculous.”

“That’s high school for you. Some people just have nothing better to do, it’s pathetic really.”

“I’m gonna head out,” saying goodbye to her family Jessica left.

After Jess was gone Celeste shifted her attention back to Nate and Brooklyn. The picture they made together was just the same as every other day. Nate sat with his little girl on his lap as she fed him breakfast. It was a messy affair but Celeste knew he didn’t mind, Brooklyn was after all his little princess. As she continued to watch them her mind flowed to the day Nate turned up at ASU and proposed to her. Gosh, it felt like yesterday that it happened not over two years ago.

~*~

He had asked her to marry him. Nathaniel Anderson had just asked her - Celeste Taylor - to marry him!

Celeste stood there holding Brooklyn against her hip with one hand while the other was coving her open mouth. She was shocked.

Shaking her head she blinked at him. “I can’t” came her whispered reply

Nate’s shoulders slumped. His expression turned into despair and he nodded “Okay,” standing he dusted off his jeans “Come on Brook, it’s time to go.”

Brook’s arms tightened around Cece’s neck “I want to stay with mommy,” she pouted 

“Can I at least finish what I was going to say before you leave?”

With a sigh Nate nodded “Sure,”

“After every thing that has happened I don’t how you can expect me to just say yes. You hurt me more than anyone else ever has when all I wanted to do was be there for you. To help you and you threw it back in my face.”

“I was stupid okay, I know that.” he murmured “Just please, tell me what you’re trying to say right now.”

“Look, I’m not saying that I want nothing to do with anymore.” she began “All I’m saying is we need to take it slow. Re-learn one another. A lot has changed in the last year. We’ve changed. So instead of jumping into things, let’s take it one day at a time.”

~*~

Looking back at that day Celeste could only smile. She would never take back what she said that day. Because of those words she and Nate were stronger than ever before and more in love than she could fathom.

“What’s got you smiling?” Nate asked with a smile of his own.

 Celeste laughed as she noticed the syrup all over his face. “Just thinking about the time you asked me to marry you.”

“Which time?” he questioned with a raised brow.

Her smile broadened, it was true. Nate had asked her more than once over the last two years to marry him. “The first time.”

“You know, I’m just going to keep asking you to marry me until you agree.”

“I’m aware,” little did he know though, the next time he asked she would say yes. She was also aware that he was planning something big this time around but wasn’t privy to the details like the twins were. 

Until all that came to pass though, she wanted to focus on Jessica and what she was going through in school. Though there wasn’t much that she could do she could be there for Jessica. 

“Hey,” Nate whispered. Celeste looked up and smiled again as he mouthed ‘I love you’

Soon, she promised herself. Soon she would put both Nate and herself out of their miseries and agree to marry the man. They both deserved their own happily ever after, especially considering all they had gone through. And it was high time they made it happen

The End

*************

Keep a look out the the sequel called The School: Slut is a Virgin!

Thank you to all of you who have stood by this story even when my updates were sporatic. You have no idea how much it means to me to have such wonderful followers and readers...Each and every one of you are truly my inspiration!