Project Time

Celeste woke up Monday morning and got ready for school. She and the group had gotten back to Hilton Valley a little after eleven the night before. After the twins had dragged Celeste off they had all gotten changed and went out to dinner. It was a nice dinner and everyone had thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Celeste had gotten a little paranoid as she, Nate and Brook drove back. Since she and Nate hadn’t gone to school on Friday they hadn’t handed in their project. Nate had assured her that he had talked to their teacher and got to okay for them to present today.

She was a little nervous about watching the short film. She wasn’t sure what exactly would be on it. She could only imagine how late Nate had stay up the night before to edit it. Packing up her bag Celeste headed out of her room. Aaron was sitting at the table with a cup of coffee in one hand and morning paper in the other. Celeste held back a chuckle every time she saw him doing that. It reminded her so much of how their father would do the same thing every morning. 

“Morning, bro” Celeste smiled walking over to the coffee pot and pouring herself a cup.

“Mornin’, sis” Aaron said lifting his cup to her in a greeting. 

Sipping her coffee Celeste leaned against the counter and watched her brother. As it often did, guilt settled in her stomach. Her brother never got to go and live his dream because he had to raise her. Ever since she could remember Aaron always wanted to travel around the world after he finished high school. She wondered if he still wanted to do that now that she would be graduating in a few months. She really hoped that he did. After everything that he had done for her growing up, Aaron deserved to live his dream.

A horn honked out side and Celeste walked over to the window and looked out. Nate was leaning against his truck with a smile on his face. She hadn’t known that he was coming to pick her up this morning and was pleasantly surprised that he had. Finishing the rest of her coffee she placed the cup in the sink and kissed Aaron on his cheek. 

“See you late, love ya,” she said and rushed out of the kitchen.

“Love you, too” he called out to her just before she closed the front door. 

Skipping down the drive way Celeste stopped in front of Nate and smiled up at him. 

“Good morning,” she said 

“Good morning, beautiful.” he grinned placing his hands on her waist. “You ready for school?”

“I didn’t know that you were going to pick me up,” she said wrapping her arms around his neck. 

“I wanted to surprise you this morning,” he shrugged

“Was one surprise last week not enough?” I teased 

“You know, I could always just have you drive yourself. We can act like this didn’t happen and just meet up at school.” he shrugged. 

Celeste knew that he was messing with her. She liked that he had come to get her, it was sweet.

“I’d rather ride with you,” Celeste smiled up at him. 

“Then, let’s get out of here.” he grinned opening up the passenger door and helping her in.

Nate got into the drivers side and started his truck. He laced his fingers with Celeste’s before pulling out onto the street and heading off to school. He hadn’t planned on picking her up that morning but, as soon as he had gotten into his truck he found himself driving to her house. After spending the weekend with her, he wanted to be around her more often. He had stayed up till almost two that morning editing their English project and had to say that it came out pretty good. The twins and Hunter had sent him video’s that they had shot with their phones and he added those to the video as well. He couldn’t wait to see what everyone else thought of it, especially Celeste.