20 Questions and Family Dinners

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry I KNOW it's been like a week since I've updated, don't hate me! It's been a crazy week and on top of that I had writer's block so I had no clue what to put in this chapter. I honestly don't know if it's any good...

Oh and another banner by _NotToday_

Vote

Commet

Fan

**************************

Both Celeste and Nate sat there not uttering a single word. Nate wasn’t sure what to say. He hadn’t expected the reaction he had gotten. He thought...hell; he didn’t know what he thought. But what she had said sure as hell wasn’t it either. While Nate mused over everything in his head, Celeste sat there wondering what was going on. What had she said? 

“Um, are...are you okay?” she asked hesitantly

“Yeah,” Nate nodded, running a hand through his hair. “I’m fine, I just wasn’t expecting that.”

“Expecting what?” she asked, tilting her head to the side.

“Your reaction...about Brooklyn, I wasn’t expecting it,” he admitted, not meeting her eyes – those same eyes he could feel burning a hole into the side of his face.

“Why? She’s beautiful,” Celeste said, rather confused. How could he not expect it? What was he expecting?

“I know, it’s just...I don’t know,” he sighed. “I thought that maybe you’d freak out or think I’m stupid for having a kid while I’m still in high school.”

“It’s not my place to judge,” Celeste shrugged. “So what if you have a two year old daughter. It doesn’t bother me none.”

She meant what she said, every word. Who cares if Nate had a little two year old daughter? Who cares that he was only 16 when she was born? No one knew he story or why he had become a father so young in life. She didn’t even know his story, so she was in no place to judge him. Not like she would anyway. It just wasn’t her, well, not all the time. She wasn’t in any way perfect.

“Your turn,” she said.

“Um, how long have you, um, been dancing?” Nate asked. It was the first thing that came to his mind, since all he could think about was the way her body moved to music.

“Hm, maybe 14 years. It’s something I’ve always been in to,” Celeste replied. “Do you have any other siblings aside from Jessica?”

“No, it’s just us two. What about you?” he said finding himself wanting to know everything there was to know about her. Little did he know that she felt the same way.

“I have an older brother, Aaron. He just turned 25,” Celeste said while trying to think of another question to ask. 

She wanted to know everything about him but, she didn’t know where to start. She didn’t want to pry into anything but, she was naturally curious even if she didn’t show it often. But, she couldn’t out right ask a whole bunch of personal questions; that would just be rude.

“Do you work?” Celeste asked.

“Yeah, I work at my dad’s mechanic shop,” Nate replied “Do you?”

“I help my brother at the grocery store when he needs it,” Celeste replied. “Sometimes I babysit.”

“That’s cool,” Nate nodded, not knowing what else to say about that.