Chapter Nine

Karis could hear voices when she started opening her eyes from a well needed sleep. The smell of rubbing alcohol filled her nose as she took a deep breath, reminding her that she was still in the healing room at the school. She laid still for a minute staring up at a bright overhead light.  Black dots danced around her vision as she looked around the room. She blinked hard several times as her eyes got use to the lighting and the black dots started to slowly fade. She saw Kaleb sleeping soundly in the bed next to her.  He must have been dreaming because his arms were twitching uncontrollably every couple of minutes. At first she thought he might have been talking in his sleep, but the voices she heard was coming from further away. Karis moved her head to get a better look around the room and regretted it when she felt a sharp pain go through her head.  It took a moment for her eye sight to focus back to normal when she realized that the voices were coming from Kenny and Titanium, who were four beds down from hers. They were sitting on a bed with their backs turned towards her.  She could hear their conversation even though they were whispering. Titanium had an urgent sound in his voice.
    "I don't know who I can talk to about this.  I have never had this kind of feeling before."  Titanium said looking towards the door to make sure no one was coming in the room.  "I'm very private when it comes to that stuff.  Remember the taxi cab, I've never second guessed myself like that. I usually do things on instinct, you know, before I think it through and that works for me. Now, I'm thinking of consequences that my actions could produce and who it will hurt in the long run. Man that is just not me!  I feel like I'm beginning to lose it, buddy."
    "You worry too much.  Maybe what you're feeling is the adrenaline rush you got from the intense situation. You know this is the first time that we actually dealt with any kind of mythical creatures and it happened twice in less than a day.  Try to give it a couple of days to see if the rush goes away." Kenny said to Titanium.  "The worst case scenario is that you might have feelings for this girl."
    "NO WAY! That can't happen. Feelings show big signs of weakness and I refuse to show weakness, that's how I got the nickname Titanium. I won't be broke by some girl."
    "Well, Man.  I don't know what to tell you. Some feelings can't be helped." Kenny said looking at his hurt shoulder and smiled to himself. He quickly dropped his smile when Titanium looked at him.
    "Your no help man, how many times have I come to you about problems like this, huh?"
    "NEVER! Maybe you should talk to Jessica about this kind of stuff. She'll tell you like it is. Remember she has no filter and she'll give you advice even if you don't want the advice." Kenny said with a grin.
    "I'd rather be punched in the chest by your force power." Titanium said. He suddenly widened his eyes as if he had an idea pop into his head. "Hey, that's it!  Maybe you could...."
    Kenny stopped Titanium in mid-sentence by holding his hands up as if he were surrendering to someone with a gun. "No way man, you know my force power can't mess with people emotions, if you like her then tell her.  If you think she'll hold you back then forget about her.  Either way, you're on your own with this one, besides you'll do the opposite of what you tell yourself to do anyway.  You always do."
    "Oh shut up. I guess I'll just have to figure this out on my own." Titanium turned his head to look towards Karis. Before he turned all the way around, Karis shut her eyes quickly and pretended to be asleep. "She is beautiful.  Too bad I have to forget about her. As soon as she gets her powers things will go back to normal. I tell you one thing, I can't stand how powerless boy over there hovers over her all the time.  I could stop messing with him, but it's so much fun watching his reactions.  He get so mad so easy, it's comical."
    "I don't think that the tormenting is the reason you pick on him all the time. I think you like her and you're jealous." Kenny chuckled.
    "Whatever, man.  I torment him because he's an easy target. If he likes her, he can have her. I can't afford any distractions. Not right now." Titanium said.
    Karis's heart seemed to expand in her chest. She felt as if her heart wanted to explode out her throat. At first she thought she may have heard Titanium wrong.  He couldn't have feelings for her because he barely knew her. And what did he mean by 'Kaleb can have her'.  She is not an object to be owned. Besides Kaleb is more like a brother to her. She always thought he was cute and even thought about dating him if he asked her, but he had more girls at school throwing themselves at him.  She felt she would never have a chance. Maybe Titanium is reading him wrong and Kaleb's intentions are strictly friendship. It has got to be the adrenaline rush they have all experienced lately Karis thought to herself. She stirred around on the bed to let the boys know in a subtle way that she was waking up.  Titanium and Kenny turned around at the same time towards Karis.
    "Well...well...well, look who decided to wake up and join the living again." Titanium said with a cute smirk. He gave Kenny a little hand shake with a fist pump and walked towards Karis's bed.
    Karis slowly sat up to dangle her legs from the bed. She felt sore in places that she did not think she had muscles in. "How long was I asleep for?"
    "Oh, I say approximately six hours. Not long enough with what you've been through."
    "What about you? You had less sleep than I did and yet you're wide awake." Karis said with an inquiring look on her face. "Are you feeling as sore as I do?"
    Titanium leaned against the side of Karis's bed with his arms crossed. "That's the good thing about having the strength power.  I don't get sore muscles like normal people do."
    "So you don't feel pain?" Karis asked curiously.
    "Good god I wish!  No, I still feel pain, but it's usually after the adrenaline wears off. The pain itself doesn't last too long. We learn to welcome the pain so it won't surprise us in a fight. As far as muscles, they heal fast, plus when we train we focus on using all our muscles so they don't have time to be sore."
    "I see.  There's so much I need to learn about the way our powers work. I just thought-"
    "Hey, you'll get your powers soon. Just look at this situation like you get a head start on learning about all the powers before you have to use any of them." Titanium said. "Look, why don't I show you around the place. I know you don't want to be stuck in this healing room all day."
    Karis looked over at Kaleb sleeping. "Maybe I should wake up Kaleb. He needs to have a tour of the place just as much as I do."
    "He'll be fine, let him rest.  We'll be back before he even wakes up. Besides, I'm sure the school is working on the dorm rooms for you guys as we speak. You can show him around later." Said Titanium as he held out his hand for Karis to take.
    Karis glanced at Titanium's open hand then at Kaleb sleeping on the hospital bed. She wanted to wake him up, but she knew he needed to rest. Titanium gave Karis an encouraging smile as she finally took Titanium's calloused hand and let him guide her towards the door.
    "Bad idea, man!  I knew you'd do everything opposite of what you told me you'd do."  Kenny said, not looking at either of them as they walked past his bed. "You can only go so far before-".
    "Shut up, Kenny! I got it from here thank you very much." Titanium barked as he opened the door for Karis.
   Karis could hear Kenny mumbling something in German as the door shut behind them.
    "What was that all about?" Karis asked as she walked beside Titanium down the hall towards the exit.
    "Oh nothing, Kenny's just trying to get on my last nerve. He tends to do that quite often."
    "It sounds like you do the same to him." Karis giggled.
    "Yeah, I guess you can say that we're two peas in a pod."
    "Ah-ha, Sounds like my southern style is rubbing off on you."
    "Well, that's not such a bad thing is it?" Titanium said with a smirk on his face as he opened the door leading out of the building they were in. He motioned with his hand for Karis to walk out in front of him. "Ladies first."
    Karis kept her eyes on Titanium as she walked out onto the steps. Jessica must have been walking into the building as Karis was walking out because they bumped into each other hard.  Karis knocked Jessica back a couple of steps.
    "Sorry, Jessica, I didn't see you there."
    "No problem. I tend to run into people a lot." Jessica said as she slid past Karis without looking in front of her and ran into Titanium's chest. "Ouch, see what I mean." Jessica laughed out loud.  "At least it's nice to run into something like this every now and then." She started poking on Titanium chest with her fingertips, feeling the muscles beneath his shirt. Titanium made the muscles in his torso tighten which made Jessica stop poking him. "Dang boy, I think you've gotten even bigger since your last workout. If you weren't taken I would be...."
    Titanium gave Jessica a look that made her stop talking in mid-sentence.  "I'm not taken!"  He growled between his clenched teeth.
    "Chill dude, I'm just joking with you." Jessica said as she turned her attention to Karis. "Don't worry, Titanium is totally single.  See, Ethereal has a huge crush on Titanium and she don't take 'NO' for an answer. With her having the same strength power as Titanium, it gets pretty funny at times."
    "Shut your pie hole, Jessica!" Titanium said as he lightly pushed his way past Jessica.
    "Okay, okay.  Where you two going anyway?"
    "I was going to show Karis around, we've been stuck in that healing room for most of the day and I thought it would be nice to get out. You know, get some fresh air."
    "Yeah, sure, whatever you say. Where's Kenny and Kaleb?" Jessica asked glancing down at her fingernails.
    "They're still in the healing room. Kenny is playing on his IPad and Turd boy is still snoozing away."
    Karis turned quickly towards Jessica and said, "Don't wake him up, please. I want him to rest, plus I'd like to be there when he wakes up."
    Jessica looked past Karis at Titanium then back at Karis. "Sure. No problem. If he wakes up on his own I'll let him know you'll be right back."
    "Thanks girl, I know he wouldn't want me to wake up in a strange place alone, you know, without him close by." Karis said.
    "Gotcha." Jessica said as she walked through the door. She turned around before the door shut and winked at Karis. "He's in good hands, don't worry."
    "Please don't play any jokes on him while he's sleeping." Karis begged, but the door already closed behind Jessica before she got all the words out. She prayed that Jessica heard her and would respect her wishes.
    Titanium cleared his throat to get Karis's attention. "Where would you like to go first? Do you want to look at the training rooms or the class rooms?
   "What's the difference? I thought you trained in the same room?" Karis said as she slid into step beside Titanium. They walked down the steps onto the sidewalk leading to a large building.
    "The difference is that the class rooms are where you learn about your powers and the training room is where you apply them."
    Karis stopped dead in her tracks. She knew that she would be in a classroom with other kids but she didn't think about training with other kids. Her hands began to shake as she thought about worst case scenarios that could possibly happen.
    Titanium walked a couple of more steps before realizing that Karis had stopped. He glanced over his shoulder at her and laughed out loud when he noticed the deer in a headlight look on her face. "What's wrong? Are you feeling okay?"
    "How are we going to be able to pull off the training room with no powers? If we're separated there's no telling what could happen. I can't do this on my own and I sure can't leave Kaleb in a room alone that's full of force powered people."
    "You worry too much." Titanium said putting his arm around her shoulder to get her to walk again. "Jessica is going to be helping you with faking the sight power and Kenny will be with Kaleb to help him fake his force power. It's only for a couple of weeks."
    "Whoa, wait a minute!  You called Kaleb by his real name. I think we're actually starting to grow on you."
    "Yeah right, don't get your hopes up. I just ran out of goofy names to call him, so I figured his real name is goofy enough." Titanium said as he pointed toward an open field. "There's the training field where we run laps and play rugby. It's mostly used by the strength guys, that way if any normal people get curious and see a bunch of bulky guys out here they'll think we're inmates."
    "Do y'all have matching white and black striped jumpsuits to wear when y'all come out to play?" Karis snickered.
    "Oh.  You got jokes now?  You think you're funny, I'll show you funny!  Come here." Titanium laughed as he tightened his arm around Karis's head and rubbed her scalp with his knuckles resulting in messing up her hair. Karis squealed in laughter as she tried to get away from Titanium. He started laughing so hard that he lost his grip.  Karis stumbled backwards and lost her balance landing on her butt. She looked up at Titanium in shock for a moment before she busted out laughing with him.
    "You made me fall on my......".
    "Oh no mam!  You can't blame me.  You're the one that made me laugh so hard I nearly busted my stitches." Titanium chuckled as he reached down to help Karis up. "Besides you're clumsy."
    Karis reached up and took his hand with a smile. When he pulled her up to her feet she over corrected herself and fell forward straight into Titanium's chest. He caught her softly with his arms as she wrapped her arms around him to keep herself from falling down on her knees. She looked up at him with an embarrassed grin.
    "Crap!  Sorry, I guess I lost my footing. Thanks for catching me."
    "Like I said, Clumsy." Titanium whispered as he looked down into Karis's eyes. Karis stood up slowly but Titanium did not let go of her. They stood there for a minute gazing into each other's eyes. She noticed that his normally light brown eyes had a tint of green in them as his gaze shifted down to her mouth. He softly cupped his hands on each side of her face and leaned in to kiss her. Karis closed her eyes slowly waiting for their lips to touch when she heard someone make a coughing sound.
    "Am I interrupting you two?" Mr. Carson said tapping his foot on the sidewalk with his arms crossed over his chest. Titanium made an irritating sound in his throat as he let go of Karis and turned to face the man.
    "No sir. I was just showing Karis around when she accidentally fell. I was actually bringing her to your office."
    "I see.  Well, I believe that Ms. Kenzie and Mr. Wood need to have a tour together, so if you could bring both of them to my office I will explain everything at one time.  I don't want to have to repeat myself. Understand?"
    Yes sir, not a problem." Titanium said disappointedly. "We'll go get Kaleb now and meet you in your office."
    "That sounds like an excellent idea." Mr. Carson said sternly as he turned on his heels and walked towards the building that his office was in.
    Karis gave Titanium an apologetic look. "Sorry about that, if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all.  I hope I didn't get you in any trouble."
    "What, get me be in trouble with Mr. Carson? Nah, he really is a cool guy. He just likes to show his authority to new people. Once he goes over all the stuff he has to go over with you then he'll change personalities totally." Titanium said putting his hands in the pockets of his blue jeans and started walking back towards the dorm room building. "Look Karis, you're a nice girl and all, but......." Titanium paused for a moment as he thought about what he wanted to say.
    Karis narrowed her curious eyes at him, trying to figure out what he was trying to say. "But what?  Titanium, just say what's on your mind."
    Titanium pinched the bridge of his nose and rubbed his tired eyes as he tried to think. "I don't know how to explain it."
    "I get it; I don't have time for all this emotional stuff anyway. I've got a lot more things to worry about right now. Finding a boyfriend is the least of my worries at this point in time. I don't need those kind of distractions to slow me down from helping my parents anyway, so just go do your thing and I'll get Kaleb up to go to Mr. Carson's office.  We can find our way there."  Karis said annoyed as she walked ahead of Titanium. Karis was determined not to let him see how much his rejection hurt her feelings. She made a point not to turn around even when he tried to get her attention.
    "Karis, I didn't mean....." Titanium tried to explain, but Karis was too far away from him to hear what he was saying.  Why does this have to be so difficult?  He thought to himself as he ran his fingers through his hair in frustration and watched Karis disappear into the building.
   Karis found her way back to the healing room. She reached for the door knob to peak her head in without disturbing anyone when the door jerked open and Kaleb was standing there staring at her with wild eyes.
    "Where did you go? When I woke up all I saw were Kenny and Jessica sitting on his bed talking. You and Titanium were gone and all they would tell me is that you went for a walk. You scared the hell out of me."
    "I'm sorry, Kaleb. I was planning on being back before you woke up. You looked so peaceful sleeping. I wanted you to rest."
    Kaleb grabbed Karis and pulled her into a hug. "Next time wake me up. I'd feel much better with no sleep than waking up to Kenny and Jessica carrying on about who has the biggest scar." Kaleb let go of Karis and looked around. "Anyway, where is strength boy, I thought he was with you."
    "He was, but he got side tracked when we ran onto Mr. Carson.  By the way, Mr. Carson wants to talk to us in his office. Pronto!" Karis said dramatically. "So, I came to get you. Are you ready to start this new adventure?"
    "As long as it's with you I'm ready for anything." Kaleb said bouncing on the balls of his feet.
    Karis narrowed her eyes at Kaleb. "Why are you so jittery? Are you sure you're okay?   You've been acting a little weird lately. Are you keeping something from me?"
    Kaleb opened the door wider to brush past Karis without stopping and turned his head to make sure she was following him. "No. It must be a side effect from the stuff Sahari gave to me to relax. Anyhow, I thought you like being around me. Do you have something to tell me?"
    Karis waved bye to Kenny and Jessica before shutting the door and jogged to catch up to Kaleb. "Well, now that you mention it, I've wanted to talk to you about something."
    "Really!" Kaleb said excitedly as they walked towards the doors that exit the building. "What's on your mind?"
    "Well, when we got here, I remember Titanium saying that the dorm rooms are separated from boys and girls."
    "Yeah, what's your point?"
    "I know that they're going to put me in a room with Jessica. I'm wondering who they'll put you with. Titanium or Kenny?" Karis said looking at Kaleb out the corner of her eyes.
    Kaleb obviously hadn't had time to think about the sleeping arrangements by the look on his face. "Oh great, now I'll either have to spend my evenings with ego boy that will spend most of his nights trying to cut me down with his idiotic jokes or German boy that I can't hardly understand what's coming out of his mouth. I wonder if I really, really beg, maybe Mr. Carson will feel sorry for me and put me in a private dorm." Kaleb said looking down at the ground as they walked out the door of the dorms and started towards the training building.
    "You're not that lucky." Karis laughed. "Come on, let's go in here and see what they have planned for us. And Kaleb, whatever happens, whatever plans they have for us, go with the flow. We need to stick together."
    "You bet, maybe Mr. Carson will tell us more about this package that's supposedly coming for you and what's going on with our parents."
    "I sure hope so. I haven't heard from either of my parents since the airplane and I lost the phone that your dad gave me in the wreck. I wonder if our parents even know that we're safe at the school right now." Karis noticed that her voice cracked in mid-sentence but she looked down at the ground before Kaleb could see her eyes start to tear up.
    "Well instead of us talking about it let's go in here and find out some answers. We at least deserve that much."
    Karis nodded her head without saying a word. She agreed with Kaleb about wanting answers, but she was afraid that the answers they get would not be the answers they want.
    They made their way up the steps to the entrance of the training building when Karis saw someone in her peripheral vision on the training field. She turned her head and saw Titanium leaning against a tree staring at her. He was talking to a man in a black suit. Karis squinted her eyes to block the sun's brightness in order to see if she could recognize who he was talking to, but the man had his back towards her. The way the man was talking with his hands made her think he must have been an instructor. Titanium looked like he was listening to the man by nodding his head, but his eyes stayed on Karis.
    "Karis, are you coming?" Kaleb asked as he held the door open for Karis.
    "Yeah, I just thought I saw something. Let's go." Said Karis not taking her eyes off of Titanium until she walked through the door.
    When her eyes adjusted to the dim lights she was standing in a room that had pictures of different people all over the walls. To her right she saw a hallway that wound around a corner. She couldn't see where the hallway ended but there were several doors that must have been offices on each side of the hallway. In front of her was a massive library that was filled with books on the first and second story. The two sets of stairs wound around each other in the middle of the room where a person going up the stairs would be on a different set of stairs than a person coming down. It reminded Karis of two snakes dancing with each other without touching. She thought an artist must have dreamed up the design of this library. On her left was another hallway that led to two huge doors that were shut.
    "Which way do we go?" Kaleb asked.
    "I guess to our right, those doors look like offices. Maybe we can ask someone in there."
    They started walking towards the first door when a loud bong sound rattled through the hallways. Karis nearly leaped out of her skin when the halls started to fill with kids of all ages. Karis looked at Kaleb with wide eyes when she noticed he was laughing at her.
    "What?" Karis asked pushing her eyebrows together, giving Kaleb a look that would kill.
    "It's only the bell to let people know that it's time to change classes or whatever they do here." Kaleb snickered.
    "Well, it doesn't have to be that loud." Karis said uncoiling her arm from around Kaleb's arm. "What? I wasn't scared."
    "Ha! Could've fooled me, you had a death grip on me." Kaleb rubbed his arm and smiled.
    "Aye, are ye two lost?"  Said a voice from behind them with a deep Irish accent.
    Karis and Kaleb turned to find a tall boy with blond hair and a slender build standing with his arms crossed in front of him, looking at them with a wary expression in his green eyes.
    "We're trying to find Mr. Carson's office.  Can you direct us to his office?" Karis asked.
    The boy relaxed and smiled at them. "Ye must be the new recruits that Jessica has been telling us about."
    "Us?" Kaleb said with confused look on his face.
    "Aye, me twin sister and I.  We are friends with Jessica and ye two be standing here looking lost, I figured ye could use me help." The boy grinned so big that Karis could see all his straight white teeth. He forced out his hand in one swift motion towards Kaleb as a gentleman would do for him to shake it. "By the way, me name is Dillon O'Mylie. And ye must be Karis and Kaleb, aye?"
    "Um, yes." Kaleb said hesitantly before reaching out to shake Dillon's hand.  "It's nice to meet you."
    "Good, now follow me and I will show ye two Mr. Carson's office. It's the first door to the right."
    Karis and Kaleb dodged kids left and right as they followed Dillon down the hallway. Karis had to literally squeeze herself against the wall when a group of kids that looked to her like NFL football players were joking around and laughing at each other's jokes came out of a door nearest her.  They formed a barricade line as they walked down the hall like they didn't have a care in the world. One of the guys accidentally collided with Kaleb's shoulder which knocked him backwards into Karis. He gave Karis an apologetic glance over his shoulder, but before he could say anything to her the guy tapped Kaleb hard on the top of his head with his finger to get his attention.
    "Hey punk, watch where you're going!  Can't you see we're walking here?"  The boy snarled as his bowed his chest out. He was at least six foot five and just as muscular as a Greek god.
    Karis felt her heart start to race with fear, knowing if Kaleb was to get into a fight with this guy (and survive), he would wind up back in the healing room again with more just a few scratches and wounds.
    Kaleb glared up at the boy and faced him head on while he kept a protective stance between Karis and the other kids.  He was just about to apologize for running into him until the boy gave an arrogant smirk, that's when Kaleb decided to apologize in his own way.
   Kaleb began his sarcastic apology with a little southern hospitality.  "Sorry dude that was totally my fault.  You see, I didn't think you needed the entire hallway to walk down, but now that I get a better look at you." Kaleb paused a moment as he leaned his head sideways, sizing up the boy with his eyes. He winked at the boy when their glaring eyes met again.  "I guess I was wrong. Would you like a beer with that gut?"
    The boy stepped towards Kaleb with a menacing scowl on his face. "Dude, are you actually calling me fat! You are asking for a beating, mate."
    "HEY!!" Karis yelled. She moved before thinking and placed her body between the two hostile boys. She felt the space between them close in on her fast as she threw her arms out and squeezed her eyes closed. The two boys stopped and glared at each other for a moment. When Karis opened her eyes, one of her hands was on Kaleb's chest and her other was on the boy's six pack abs; somewhere below his massive torso and above his belly button.
    The boy looked down at Karis's hand on his body with anger. "Oh babe, I think you're over stepping your boundaries. Now if you would ever so kindly move your ass, I could show this dude why I take up the entire hallway."
    "Anytime dude!" Kaleb said leaning against Karis's hand towards the boy. Karis could feel the heat build in Kaleb's chest on her fingers through his shirt as he got angrier. The boy reached down and picked Karis up under her arms to move her out of the way. She felt a pinching pain under her arms as the boy moved her sideways. Karis knew this was about to get out of hand and end badly. She tried to kick him, but he was way too tall and bulky for her to make contact with her feet. A crowd was already formed around them waiting for a fight to break out.
    "Hey Dalton!" Titanium yelled from behind the crowd. The boy turned around slowly, still holding Karis like she weighed nothing. The crowd slowly made a path between Titanium and Dalton. Titanium glared at Dalton.  "PUT..... HER..... DOWN..... NOW!"
    Dalton dropped Karis on the ground. She landed hard on her butt with a thud. Dalton laughed out loud then turned his attention on Kaleb.
    Kaleb looked around at the blank stares from people he didn't know. Then he looked down at Karis and with a grin on his face, he placed two fingers on his temple. He closed his eyes as if he was concentrating on something. Karis glance up at Kaleb confused, wondering what was going on in his head for him to have a sarcastic grin on his face when he was about to get hurt really bad.
    All of a sudden, Dalton was shoved by an invisible force that propelled him backwards through the air into the wall behind him. There was a loud rumble as his body cratered the wall sending little cracks of plaster onto his shirt.
    Karis stared at Kaleb in shock as he reached down and helped her up off the ground where Dalton dropped her.  "How did you do that?" Karis asked in amazement.
    "I have my ways." Kaleb smiled as he put his arm around Karis and casually pointed with his finger towards Titanium where Kenny stood behind him with his hands in his pockets.
    "You are so lucky he was there or you would have got your ass kicked."
    "I know, right."
    Kaleb and Karis started walking towards Titanium when Dalton got up and made a grunting noise as he charged at Kaleb. Titanium only had enough time to push Kaleb safely out of the way before Dalton collided with him. Dalton tackled Titanium and both boys fell to the ground, throwing punches and wrestling with each other. Dalton twisted his body behind Titanium and put him into a head lock.
    "I don't have a problem with you, Titanium. I have a problem with your new mate over there. Since when have you had a tender heart for newbies?" Dalton looked over at Kaleb and Karis. When his eyes met Karis he leaned down to whisper in Titanium's ear. "OH, I see now. I don't blame you, mate, she's pretty hot."
    Titanium threw his elbow back in anger, hitting Dalton in the ribs. Karis heard a loud crack as Dalton winced in pain. Titanium reached over his shoulder, grabbed Dalton around his head, and flipped him over, making Dalton cough as he landed hard on his back. Titanium jumped on top of Dalton and put his forearm forcefully against Dalton's neck. Dalton's eyes started bulging as his face turned red from Titanium choking him. Dalton tried hitting him, but Titanium had pinned him to the ground.
    "Don't you go near her, do you hear me!" Titanium hissed through clenched teeth.
    "ENOUGH!!!" Mr. Carson yelled as he threw his hands up in the air.
    Suddenly, Titanium's body was ripped from Dalton and pinned against the wall by Mr. Carson's force power. Dalton remained on the ground coughing and spitting blood out of his mouth. Dalton reluctantly rolled onto his stomach and winced as he tried to get to his feet. He grabbed his side where Titanium elbowed him, trying to catch his breath.
    "You broke one of my ribs you son of a bitch, I swear I'm gonna tear you apart!" Dalton screamed as he started towards Titanium. He was stopped by an invisible force field that Mr. Carson put up between them.
    "That is quite enough!" said Mr. Carson with sternness. "Dalton, go to the healing room and allow Sahari to mend your rib."   
    Dalton looked at Mr. Carson and nodded quietly. As he turned to leave he glared at Kaleb with a sinister countenance.  Before he walked out the front door he glanced back over his shoulder at Titanium. "Ethereal will be truly disappointed in you, mate."
    Titanium smiled through clenched teeth. "She can stand in line with the rest of the disappointed people." Titanium's eyes fell on Karis for a split second then he looked back at Dalton, waiting for him to say something else.
    Dalton walked out the door and slammed it behind him. As the noise from the door slamming echoed through the halls, Mr. Carson let down the force field that was pinning Titanium to the wall. Titanium stood there for a moment to regain his balance before he walked over to stand next to Kenny.
    Mr. Carson gazed at the crowd of kids that still surrounded them in the hallway. "Shows over people, go back to training."
    Everybody scattered in different directions. Dillon walked over to Kaleb and patted him on the shoulder. "Worry not, fella. Dalton was just acting the maggot as usual. Just keep a safe distance from him and ye be fine."
    Mr. Carson walked up to Dillon, who was standing next to Kaleb. "I am sure it will be fine, Mr. O'Mylie. Now don't you have sight training to attend to?"
    "Yes sir." Dillon replied.  "We'll catch ye later in the day, fellas.... Be safe!" He added and tapped his fist against his chest then pointed at Kaleb as he disappeared around the corner of the hallway.
    Titanium slowly eased his way next to Kaleb and leaned down to whisper something only Kaleb could hear him say. "Next time you start something you better be prepared to finish it.... Just Saying."
    Kaleb looked up to say something back to Titanium when Mr. Carson looked at each of them and snapped, "Your little group!  In my office now! There is much we need to discuss."

Vote, Comment, and Enjoy!! Thank you for reading so far!!