Chapter 2

Here? No, no, no. I couldn't be here in Idgren or whatever it was called. I started shaking my head at him and pleaded and pleaded to go back home.

"What was your name? Can you shut up and deal with it? I just want money. I'll sell you to someone and you'll be out of my hair. Just hope that I'm not selling you to a psycho." he gave me a cheeky smile and walked over to untie my restraints.

"Don't try to run away or else." he warned as he untied the ropes. He couldn't tell me what to do or not do. He was not the boss of me. Once my hands were free I sprung from the bed and took off through the door. I heard the low snicker from Clive as I bounded up the stairs.

Suddenly I was tugged backwards with my blonde locks in someone's hold. "Didn't I tell you to not run away? And to think I was starting to warm up to you. Humans are nothing but non listening shits. Now I'm in a bad mood because of you." he growled.

I whimpered as I was dragged off the boat and onto land. "This is where you live if you don't obey orders."

People wearing nothing but rags or small pieces of cloth were roaming around the not so clean and muddy streets. My eyes examined everything. No houses or building in sight, but instead there were small sized tents. All the same color. Dirty brown. Food stands such as for fruits, vegetables, and meat were displayed next to the tents with flies all over. Trash were littered everywhere and the air smelled of putrid sewers. I was gagging with the sight in front of me, but at the same time I felt sympathy for people who had to live here all their lives. Small children were squatting near puddles of muddy water, poking and making swirls with a short, thin stick. Some adults were either standing there staring at the on goers, or actually buying and selling things to and from other beings.

He led us both to a small car and got in. He cuffed me to the seat and started driving.

"What's with the car?" I asked, fascinated with the seats and windows.

"What's with the question." he sneered.

"Just asking, sheesh. What climbed up your ass and died?"

"A fucking dick, that's what." he snapped. Someone was not in a good mood.

"Are you gay then?" I said, trying to lighten things up.

"I'm fucking straight as a stick."

"Some sticks are not straight." I commented.

"Stop being such a smartass and shut up!" Clive yelled.

"I'm Freya by the way. If you just answered my original question I would have kept my mouth shut by like two minutes ago." I shrugged my shoulders and stared out the window.

He gave a loud sigh and slammed his hands on the steering wheel. "You drive me crazy."

Clive was scary sometimes, but there was something about him that I knew he wouldn't hurt me.

"To answer your question, I got this car in the human world. Igraden has connections, the vampires and lycans have all these connections and suppliers from the mortal world. That is how we get our modern things such as clothes, cars, technology, etc.. Humans don't have that here. They only live off of scraps and other left overs we have."

"That is so unfair. Humans should get treated more fairly around here. You can't just treat them like trash and give them left overs. They actually deserve better than what I saw back there." I huffed, pointing towards the already far away human town.

"This isn't Earth, this is Igraden. Igraden is the vampire's and lycan's world. Humans are just slaves and servants here." he argued.

"You know what? Whatever. I don't care." I got tired with the conversation.