Chapter 4

"Get out of my sight before I rip your throat open." throwing me far away from his body, "and stop calling me Logan, I am your prince and your fucking master. Not friend." he snarled. His eyes were still the same red color, but for a quick moment I saw something else rather than anger flash through them. He then turned away from me and vanished right instantly.

I really should have kept my mouth shut. I shouldn't have expected him to treat me like how Travis or Clive treated me. He was the prince for crying out loud and he could make or break me. I shouldn't have pushed his buttons at all because I was close to dying.

I crawled away as quickly as I could, no matter how much my body ached from the sudden contact with the floor. I had to make sure when I was around him that I would think nothing but one thing. Something that wouldn't ruin my great escape from this palace. I just had to think of a workable plan first. It'll take me a couple of weeks to come up with a plan. Getting familiar with the palace is one, knowing the time when guards, maids, and other workers are at their weakest, and actually getting to know some people.

As I walked down the narrow hallway, I only saw one guard posted next to one door and nothing else except for fancy side tables and flower vases. At the end of the hallway was a wide window covered with dark black curtains to keep the light out. You'd think it was bright in the castle but it was fairly dark, only lit by the candle fires hanging from the walls. The lights gave off that sensual look in the hallway, or basically anywhere and everywhere in the castle. Looking around I tried searching for some actual human beings. Hoping they too were in the palace like me.

I heard shuffling behind me and swiveled around on my feet. A woman around her fifties was sweeping the vases. I went up to her and tapped her on the shoulder. She gave out a loud squeak before turning around with a glare on her face.

"Sorry about that." I apologized.

"Oh no problem. I was so focused with my work I didn't even notice you dear. My name is Risa." she gave me a warm smile and took my hand in hers.

I didn't have time to introduce myself to her when she started dragging me somewhere. We walked and walked until we reached double doors.

"What are we doing here?" I asked.

I waited for her answer but never got one. Hmmm I guess i'll have to wait and find out.

"Okay. By the way, I'm Freya Hallow." I told her.

Once again we entered the massive kitchen, it was filled with people bustling around, hurrying here and there. Everyone was doing their job while the others were eating food.

"Everyone! Stop what you're doing and pay attention." yelled Risa. That got everyone's attention real quickly. Heads snapped towards us, staring and observing the new comer. Me.

I raised my hand and gave a small wave and a small smile. Some responded with a wave while others smiled warmly. They all seemed nice. NO enemies yet, well except the Prince. I didn't get it, why would such a handsome man be so ruthless and cruel as him? He was so nice at first but changed the moment I yelled at him for being inside my head. It was pretty rude of him to do that. My head is for my own privacy unless I say so otherwise.

"Everyone meet Freya Hallow. She will be with us from now on and I expect you to treat her with kindness. She is family now. That's all, you may proceed what you were doing." everyone took off in different directions leaving me alone with Risa next to the table

"What are you still doing here my child? Go serve the Prince." My eyes widened. I sure as hell wasn't ready to face him yet. He told me to get out of the room and not to bother him or he'll kill me.

"Umm... The Prince doesn't like me right now." I confessed twiddling with my thumbs.

"Nonsense my child, he was just angry about the war with the lycans." she tried explaining.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

She nodded her head and grabbed a tray filled with cheese, crackers, and fruits then gave it to me.

"Off you go now." she shook me away and luckily I remembered where his room was located at.

After a few minutes of standing in front of his door, I finally knocked. I waited for a few minutes until I heard him say come in.

I took hold of the knob and turned it, opening the door for me to enter. What I saw made me gasp in horror the moment I laid eyes on the scene right in front of me.