Chapter 7: DA

Luna finished planting her flower's over a specific area of the hall before sitting at the Ravenclaw table. Soon the rest of the students were bursting into the room and eating breakfast. Usually Luna was calmly humming a song in her head or reading a copy of the Quibbler but today her eyes were focused on scanning the room. She finally spotted the infamous golden trio and left to sit with them.

Harry was currently oblivious to the world, thinking about his first class being a mere hour away, when he felt someone poking him in the back of the head.

"I think his mind is elsewhere. You know the feeling, right Luna?" Ron joked as he received a glare from his girlfriend.

"I understand you're nervous Harry, but I have something serious to tell you three about Michael Corner," Luna whispered calmly.

Harry snapped back to reality at this. "Wait! What? You know why he's glaring at Hermione...still?" The other three turned to see Michael Corner staring more intently than before.

Luna responded with inhuman speed. "Well he is probably realizing that I'm ratting him out for calling Hermione a Mudblood who has no business being Head girl since he believes Mudbloods are inferior to Purebloods."

When none of them replied still trying to grasp all Luna had said, Luna quoted to them the entire conversation, she had heard, word for word, to make sure they knew where Michael stood.

"BASTARD I'M GOING BREAK HIS..."

"Ron as much as I would enjoy seeing you break Michael's...anything. You do realize that attacking the Head Boy is a perfect way to get expelled," Hermione pointed out logically.

"JUDAS!" Michael Corner was now right at the Gryffindor table seething at Luna.

"For a Muggle hater I'm surprised you know who Judas is Michael. Sounds very..."

"SHUT UP LOONY! ALL THE TIMES I HELPED YOU IN SCHOOL DURING THE CARROW'S REIGN AND YOU CHOOSE THE SIDE OF A MUDBLOOD!"

"That's enough Corner," Harry said standing up trying to hide the anger in his voice. He really wished he wasn't a teacher.

Luna was already responding to Michael. "I saved you as many times as you saved me...actually five times more then you saved me. I also don't appreciate you insulting Muggles and those born of Muggles".

"Yes we know where you stand with Muggles, just like your mother. Extra, Extra, Muggles Rule! Wizards Suck! Was that the gist of it," Michael mocked.

"Muggles are Superior to wizards in every way but magic. You're living proof of it. Muggles have their flaws, they can be quite cruel actually, but they have gone to great lengths to change their ways for the better. While you would have brilliant people like Hermione working as a Gnome exterminator." Luna responded calmly but Harry noticed a hint of anger in her voice.

Michael was losing his temper. "Why am I even debating with Loony Lovegood? Mudblood or not, Granger is still superior to you. No amount of tainted blood would ever weaken someone more than your FEEBLE, LOONY, HEAD!"

"THAT'S ENOUGH CORNER!" Harry intervened holding his temper as he stood between the two. The entire Great Hall was looking now at the scene before them,

"20 points from Ravenclaw for your disgraceful behavior. You're the Head Boy, start acting like it."

"You're going to defend Mudbloods and Muggles Harry? You were raised by Muggles and everyone knows you hated it. Maybe you can fill us in on how bad they were. Oh wait, what about that one Half blood who tried to kill us all, Tom Riddle! He who must not be named! He killed your parents for Merlin's sake!"