Chapter 9: Luna's Secret

"AHHH TAKE WHATEVER YOU WANT JUST DON'T HURT ME... OH!" The strange man paused, calming down immediately from his panic.

"Oh...It's just you Harry, would you like some tea?"

Harry had known his arrival would be a surprise but didn't expect to scare Mr. Lovegood so badly. The eccentric wizard looked even nuttier than when they last met.

"Sorry to bother you sir but it's important," Harry said panting as he had ran to his fireplace after he had spoken with Hermione.

"No bother at all you saved my sweet daughter from those vile death eaters. I owe you my life even without my...my..." Mr. Lovegood trailed off.

"Trying to sell me out to the death eaters" Harry finished a little harshly. No matter how noble Xenophilius' motives were, you don't exactly forgive someone for trying to sell you off to Voldemort.

"Uhhh...yeah sorry again for that. I know you are here about Luna, I have heard nothing but good things from the school. That she has been excelling in her classes since you started to tutor her." Xenophilius again offered Harry a tea who turned it down.

"Then you know she has gained strange new powers". Mr. Lovegood simply nodded, drinking his tea.

"Then you also know she destroyed and repaired Hogwarts in under 2 minutes without a wand."

Xenophilius had not expected this and spat out his tea, dropping the mug which shattered on the floor. "Dear Merlin it's happening faster than I thought."

"What is happening? You know what's going on don't you" Harry yelled excitedly finally about to find out...

"Yes I do but I'm afraid I can't tell you. It's not safe for others to find out Luna's secrets and I will not endanger my daughter's life." the odd man said sadly as he repaired his mess with a wave of his wand.

Xenophilius looked at Harry and sighed. "There are many things in this world that you are too young to understand dear child. I'm afraid that Luna is doomed to either suffer the fate she fears or try and fight it. If she chooses the latter then she will fail in far worse ways. I will not let my daughter get hurt."

"Who would want to hurt Luna?" Harry asked sensing fear in the man's eyes.

"People who fear change. People who have something to lose from that change. People of Power dear boy. My Dear Pandora stumbled upon something that could change everything. Change is very dangerous child."

"If you tell me I swear I will protect her..." Harry began to say but was interrupted.

"You cannot make such a promise...no one can," Xenophilius whispered ominously. "Please leave me in peace. I will always be in your debt Potter but my daughter will always come first. Please just continue to look after my daughter. I know she is very fond of you and I can see you are fond of her. For this reason more than any other, promise me you will look after her and try to keep her safe. I fear her secret will soon be out anyway. We may let the sleeping dogs lie but eventually they will always awaken to feast."

Harry turned to the fireplace and grabbed a hand full of flew powder when Xenophilius called out "...and Harry please remember. I always encourage people to open their minds but sometimes it's better to close them."

Dear Michael

I'm afraid I cannot tell you anything about the Lovegood child since this is top secret. I'm afraid I was visiting the school for more top secret business and accidentally left some papers in the school library. Please dispose of them and Don't Read Them. I know it might be Tempting to read the papers that may answer your questions but I know you will do the right thing.