Chapter 8: Unknown Fears

The first week had gone by swimmingly for Harry. He had quickly lived up to the hype among the students as the one class you didn't want to miss. Harry remained a fun, almost playful teacher. He was also a very strict one. He meant it when he said he had no friends in the classroom.

Even Hermione had faced the wrath of Harry when she failed to perform an arrow spell and nearly hit Ron in an unfortunate area.

"Oh my god Ron I swear that was an accident," Hermione gasped switching from pale to flushed at an alarming speed. Ron did the same.

"I sure hope it was, but never the less, accidents will not be tolerated at the Newt level of Defense Against the Dark Arts," Harry spoke to the class as much as Hermione.

"We are dealing with very dangerous spells. In fact tomorrow I will be teaching an incredibly dangerous spell. So dangerous in fact I nearly killed someone with it by accident. I didn't know what the spell was for, and I used it in a panic, so what was my punishment. I missed my final Quidditch game and practically bankrupted Gryffindor in the points department. I hated the person I cursed but I never doubted I deserved it."

The class was silent now Harry rarely broke into stories but they were not only fascinating but hit the mark right on the head when educating.

"10 points from Gryffindor for accidents because sorry doesn't mean a thing if your partner is dead."

Hermione looked upset but smiled at Harry. She felt a great deal of pride for him at that moment.

Harry seemed to have it against the whole points system. His class room was the place points came to die and there was no prejudice. No one was safe and everyone lost points at some point.

Luna Lovegood had not been criticized, lost house points or even corrected. Some of the more jealous students cried out favoritism but the rest of the students knew better.

Luna had become far and away the top of the class. Even Hermione was left in the dust. The usually unfocused witch had become determined to master Harry's class and for the first week she had been unstoppable. Tomorrow was going to be another story...

Michael was pissed!

That night in the Ravenclaw tower the Head boy seethed. He really should not have lost his temper and had just finished a long week of miserable detention under the supervision of Harry Potter.

Michael was an incredibly brave and courageous boy. He was also very stubborn and short sighted often letting his emotions get the better. He was known for his short temper.

It was common knowledge that Ginny actually broke up with him after he had a complete temper tantrum after she and the Gryffindor's had beaten him in Quidditch. He had been certain that somehow they cheated. There was no way he could have lost, he was better than them, and he knew it.

He then had started dating Cho Chang of all people making him the only person to have dated both of Harry's girlfriends. Was it a coincidence...Not at all. Yes he knew Ginny had a crush on Harry and he wanted to beat Potter by winning over her affection from him. Even if Harry at the time was unperceptive to Ginny's feelings. To steal Harry's girlfriend was even better though.

It actually wasn't known that the two had started seeing each other while they were both still dating Ginny and Harry. Not even Ginny ever knew this, though Harry had long stopped caring about the mess of a relationship he had with Cho anyways.

Michael's temper would get the better of him again however when he started accusing Cho of using him to get over Potter. He was 10 times the wizard he was, just because Harry had a scar did not make him better than him. Harry had been raised by Mudbloods and was the son of a Mudblood so his blood was far from pure.