Chapter 47: Down the Rabbit Hole

Helga hated her name. For one, Helga was actually a he. Second being named after one of the Great Witches or Wizards of all time was a daunting thing to live up to. Third, Hufflepuff was the lamest of the Founders, she didn't even go mad like the other three.

"Brooding about your name again Helga." His sister Godric replied.

Helga nodded. "Why do our parents hated us?"

Godric shrugged. "I don't think they hated us, they just weren't all there in the head."

Helga nodded as she looked around the Ministry Auditorium. It seemed only hours earlier the place was packed with Witches and Wizards who had vacated the village of Hogsmeade after a Goblin attack. Now it was quiet and the Bitterbun twins were stuck on guard duty, the most boring shift a Totalitar could get. Helga whispered. "I just realized, our names would be a lot cooler if we switched."

Godric smirked. "And be named after Helga? I don't think so."

Helga growled. "Hufflepuff's are cool!"

"Shut up!" Godric snapped quietly.

"Newt Scamander was a Hufflepuff," Helga continued with a booming voice. "Admittedly it was only to make up for the lack of notable Hufflepuffs in canon...but still, they aren't that bad and this is coming from a Slytherin."

"I said shut up!" Godric whispered harshly. "You hear that."

Helga nodded as he heard a weird sound. "What on earth is-"

Suddenly Two Goblins exploded from the roof above them and landed on the two Totalitar. The Goblins thrust their spears into the Totalitar siblings before crying out.

"DRORKATCH! DRORKATCH!"

Goblins suddenly started pouring from the holes in the roof. They entered the Ministry in swarms. The auditorium was packed by the time Ragnok crawled down sniffing the air lightly. The Goblins were chanting viciously as they gnawed on their teeth. Ragnok looked over his Goblin hoard as he shouted. "I want every human in this filthy hole found. Bring me the girl and the Minister alive. Bring the rest of them back piece by piece!"

The Goblins started moving when Ragnok raised his hand. The Goblin King took a sniff before uttering. "Something's not right. This was...too easy!"

Ragnok looked up and shouted. "SHIELDS!"

Most of the Goblins raised their shields in time as they were suddenly assaulted by a blitzkrieg of spells and curses fired from the walls. The slower Goblins fell, dead before they hit the floor. Ragnok watched as thousands of Totalitar seemed to jump off the wall, lowering their disillusion charms that hid them there.

Ragnok cried out as they began to land on the Goblins. "Raise your spears!"

Many Totalitar shrieked as they landed on Goblin spears, causing the Goblins to let out cruel laughs. Ragnok drew his blade and roared. "BUTCHER THEM ALL!"

The floor of the Ministry was quickly bathed in blood as Totalitar and Goblins battled viciously in the Ministry. Ragnok had butchered five Totalitar when a sudden explosion took out a huge chunk of the wall where visiting Wizards entered from. Witches and Wizards piled into the Auditorium, armed only with their wands. Ragnok recognized them all too well.

Ron and Hermione led the group casting a spell that burned the letters LLR into the ceiling. They were followed by Ginny and George before the rest of the LLR charged in. Ragnok shouted above the chaos with his deep voice. "This is your last chance! Join us or be an enemy of the Goblin Nation. Interfere and we will cut you all down with extreme prejudice."