Chapter 33: The Iris of Cyrus

Luna sat in silence as Harry spoke in hushed tones. They had not been back for long, yet it had only taken a couple of hours before Luna was able to get Harry talking about the death of his uncle, and his unhappy life with him.

Hermione was torn between the heart ache of what her friend was going through, and amazement that Luna was able to get Harry to open up in such a short amount of time. Hermione had known Harry for nearly eight years, and he rarely opened up at all. Hermione wasn't stupid, she knew that Harry and Luna's relationship was very different from Hermione's own with the Boy-Who-lived. Yet she was also quite certain that they had become a lot closer than they should be, dating for a mere four months. Let alone the fact that they were a mere 18 years old, Luna was actually a month shy of 18. Yet as she looked at young couple, she could not help but feel they had somehow changed. They looked older, they definitely looked their age but the differences were there. Harry seemed a little taller, and in better shape, while Luna's hair seemed to be longer, like it had not been cut in a year.

Hermione was brought out of her musing's by Ron, who seemed both sad and confused. "I don't get why Harry's so upset. Don't get me wrong, what they did to his uncle was bloody horrific, but Harry wasn't exactly fond of him. From what he told us, he treated him more like a bastard than a son or nephew."

"He was family Ron, and as horrid as he was, Harry spent a large portion of his life with the Dursley's. He has to feel something form of sadness and that just makes it worse because he feels he shouldn't, he finds himself stuck between hatred, grief and confusion. He then feels guilty for feeling hatred and guiltier still for feeling sympathy to someone like Vernon Dursley. Add to the fact that when Harry was just a child he probably dreamed of proving himself to the Dursley's, and earning their love the way they loved Dudley. He likely gave up on that dream long ago, but he just saw it viciously butchered in the worst way possible and..."

"Merlin! Hermione, I take it back." Ron exclaimed, overwhelmed by Hermione's verbal assault. "I may have the emotional range of a teaspoon but I can still only process so much when you talk so fast."

Hermione blushed short of breath. "Sorry."

Ron just grinned warmly. "I'm just glad you're back Hermione. I better check on the Squibs, mainly those like Evander."

Hermione agreed and began to walk with him. "We really need to find out his real name..."

Ron interrupted her by placing both hands on her shoulders. "Where do you think you're going?"

Hermione looked bemused. "I'm going to help..."

"No you are not, you are going to go rest. I have everything under control." Ron said somewhat smugly.

Hermione looked as if she was about to argue but thought better of it. She was indeed too tired to argue with Ron, this probably meant he was right. "You better not mess up Ronald Weasley."

"I'm insulted that you think I would." Ron tried to pout but it looked more like a smirk as he took off. "I have to find Frickter." Ron thought to himself. "He can run the place."

Hermione slowly walked to her room, which like every other room the LLR was just a hospital room with a transfigured bed and some blankets. She also conjured herself a book shelf to keep the books she had on her, which was all of them. As she was about to open her door, she jumped back and drew her wand as it started to open by itself. Hermione was about to start casting curses when a familiar voice whispered. "Hi, what's wrong?"

Hermione sighed with exasperation as she pocketed her wand. She was too young for all of this. "Why are you in my room Luna? I thought you were with Harry."