Chapter 27: A True Goblin

NO! Please don't leave me! Wake up dad! Don't be dead!" Luna cried over her mentor's body.

Many students were also in tears as they stared at their favorite Professor's body. Sir Filius Flitwick, Hero, Duelist, Champion, Innovator, Teacher, War Hero, Legend of Man and Goblin, was dead.

Luna cared not for these things. Her hero, her mentor, her friend, the man she had loved like a second father was dead. She raised her hand to his face and closed his eyes.

Then the eyes of the room turned away from the body of Filius and glared at the Minister of Magic. He found two wands already aimed at him. One belonging to Harry Potter and the other belonging to Minerva McGonagall.

"Tell me it's not true Kingsley," Minerva whispered. "Tell me it's not true."

Harry could see the sadness in Kingsley's eyes as he looked around him. He closed them and nodded. When his eyes opened, they were hardened and cold. He turned to Minerva and spoke calmly, "If Filius had lied to you, then he would not be dead."

"Why?" Luna cried as she stepped away from Filius' body and faced the Minister. "Why did you kill her? Why is my friend dead? WHY DID YOU KILL MY MOTHER?!"

Luna's anger could be felt as her magic filled the room. Her eyes were red from tears and she held flames in her hands. Kingsley, ignoring the wands aimed at him, took a step towards Luna full of pride. Kingsley Shaklebolt, the Minister of Magic, justified his crime.

"I did what I was told to do."

With that statement, Kingsley stood tall. "Before I became Minister of Magic, I was an Auror. It was my job to protect the Witches and Wizards of England. I fought in both Wizard wars, and I fought many dark forces. I have saved you all so many times, it's terrifying. One day I was given the assignment to protect you all from another danger. A Witch was trying to concoct ways to give magic to Muggles. If such a thing were to happen, the Wizarding world would fall."

"I have killed many Wizards and Witches but she was the only one who did not deserve it. But the orders came, so I killed her. I killed that women without a moment's hesitation. I killed her because it was my duty."

"If you are so proud of this then why the cover up, Royal?" Harry uttered as he pressed his wand into the Ministers neck.

"I broke the damn law, Potter. I was a young Auror who would do anything to make it. So I formed an alliance with the Unspeakables. The actions of the Department of Mysteries are rarely legal, but the Ministry lets them do as they please. That is as long as it doesn't get out to the public. The Goblin may not have ended my life but he ended my future. I'm ruined. I shall be impeached by the end of the week.

"You're damn right." Minerva hissed.

Luna continued to fix the Minister with a hateful gaze. "Something doesn't add up. Who is the Earth Mother?

"There it is again, 'Earth Mother'. A strange but fitting name the prophecy gave her. Yes I know the prophecy. 'The Earth father unwise, with his compromise. With the Earth mother, the devil in disguise. The past shall reprise as another shall demise.' Thank your Headmistress for trusting me with that knowledge." Kingsley chuckled while Minerva fumed.

Kingsley's laughter was cut short as Luna's magic began to constrict around him. "What does it mean? ANSWER ME!"

Kingsley laughed. "I don't know how someone like you can know so much, yet be so ignorant. It speaks for itself girl. The answer is clear to one in touch with reality. You spend your days obsessing with fantasy, while you run from the truth. You act like the world is out to get you, but you're just a scared little girl who can't separate fact from fiction."