Chapter Nine || Uh Oh

Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes.

Chapter Nine - Uh Oh

A L E X A N D E R

I don't really remember how it happened, I just remember falling and landing on something very sharp that hurt like hell.

I remember Lee cursing all the way down to where I was and picking me up then running to the house.

"Uh," I groaned, holding on to where it hurt, "What did I land on?"

I had refrained from looking down because I didn't want to see how bad it looked. But I couldn't hold back and I looked down to see my torso covered in blood, all of it coming from a slice in my side.

I looked up at Lee with a horrified expression, "Am I going to die?"

He shook his head, and glanced down at me with such worry I almost didn't believe him when he said, "Your going to be fine, it's just a scratch."

I laughed slightly at that then winced from the pain it caused.

I leaned my head against Lee's shoulder, my face contorted with the pain. It felt like hours before we got back to the house but it was probably only a few minutes.

Lee ran into his house and yelled, "Help! Alex fell!"

Aspen ran in with Lily and instantly made Lily go back into the living room.

Aspen didn't miss a beat, "Take him to the truck, take off his shirt and put a towel too his wound, try to stop the bleeding."

She threw us a towel and followed us to the truck, Lee was in the back with me and Aspen drove, "What happened?" She finally asked.

I screamed as Lee began to remove my shirt, the fabric brushing against my tender, exposed flesh.

"I'm sorry." Lee said and he placed the towel on my side causing me to hiss but suppress my screams.

"We were working in the second floor of the barn, cleaning it out, and he slipped as he was throwing something down and landed on a sharp piece of metal. Slicing his side."

I groaned as a wave of pain coursed through me.

"We're almost there sweetie." Aspen said I'm the sweetest voice, then to Lee she said, "Distract him, make him think of something other than the pain."

Lee looked down at me and I met his eyes, "So, nice weather we're having."

I smiled and shook my head, "Your so clumsy, I should I watched you."

"I'm... not five... asshole." He laughed.

"You just act like it."

"We're here, Lee carry him in." Aspen said after parking the car.

Lee got out and carried me in, a nurse walked up and asked, "What happened?"

"He fell on some metal in the barn and cut himself open."

"Name?"

"Alexander Beckett." Lee answered.

She got a bed or whatever they are and made Lee set me down before they pushed me passed double doors.

L E E

I stayed in the waiting room a second nurse directed me too. My hands were covered in Alex's blood and my shirt and pants were covered.

My mom walked in and looked at me, "You should go home and change, people are gonna think you killed someone."

I shook my head, "Not until I know he's okay."