Chapter Twelve || Accepted

Chapter Twelve - Accepted

A L E X A N D E R

When Lee got back we were all back in the water, I was just floating around, not really paying attention to to anything but the edges of the trees that were in my view with the cloudless pale blue sky.

My attention was drawn away though when I felt the water rush past my face, covering me.

Once I resurfaced, Lee was smiling at me, "Can I not have one second of peace?" I huffed.

I couldn't help but smile at his goofy grin after a while.

"I'm surprised your so happy seeing as you just dropped Riley off at a Motel. How did that go?" I asked.

"It wasn't that bad, he just wouldn't shut up."

I laughed slightly at that, "Thank you. I know you didn't want to do that, but I felt really bad, even after what he's done."

"It's okay, Alex, you have a good heart, burried under all that stubborn adolesence that your dad sent you here to get rid of."

I smiled at that, "I think that's the nicest thing you've said to me."

Before Lee could say anything in response to that a football hit him in the back of the head followed by a chorus of laughs coming from his brothers and their friends.

He glared as he turned around and threw the football back at his brothers which then turned into a game of catch which I was dragged into.

I had never played sports in my twenty one years of living, I had always put my focus into my studies. Even as I was a party animal I still did well in school A's and a few B's even in my AP classes and foreign language. So if I wanted to go to college I don't think it would be a problem getting excepted. I was in the top ten in my class, much to my dad's surprise.

I had actually applied to a few colleges the year before, I had missed the application due date when I was in school and the year after. A few weeks ago my dad called and asked about that and I told him how I had applied, I never looked for the letters I had forgot about them.

So now I was playing catch and I was getting comments like, 'you throw like a girl' and 'nice catch' in the most sarcastic voice.

I glared at them every time and Lee would nudge me, and laugh slightly.

Finally I had enough and backed out of the game. I got out and started drying off when Aspen walked over to me a phone in her hand, "Perfect timing, it's your dad sweetheart." She smiled and I took the phone and placed it against my freshly dried ear.

"Hello?" I spoke into the phone.

"Alex, I have good news." He sounded like he was ready to burst from excitement.

"What is it?"

"You got accepted into Stanford." He burst.

My mouth hung open. Stanford? I got accepted into Stanford?

"Wh-What?" I asked now smiling really big. I had just applied for Stanford as a somewhat joke, because I believed I couldn't get in but apparently I could, "Did you read the letter right?" I asked.

"Yes! You got accepted Alexander." He sounded so proud of me, the first time in my life I've ever heard him so happy because of something I accomplished. It made my eyes water.

I walked to the tree line away from all the other people and continued, "I can't believe it." I spoke laughing slightly as a few tears escaped, for once because of joy.