Chapter Eleven || Happy Birthday

I'd like to think that this is the turning point/climax of the story, I hope you enjoy.

Chapter Eleven - Happy Birthday

A L E X A N D E R

Today was Jack and Jeffs birthday party. We would be having it down by the lake.

A few if their friends were already here and they were already down by the lake. I helped Aspen bake the cakes the night before and we decorated them, I was pretty proud of the turn out.

I even helped set up the tables and chairs and brought diwn some things that we would need ince down there so we wouldn't have to keep coming back.

I didn't have my stitches anymore, I actually got them off the day before but my side was still a little sore on my side.

Once everyone for sure was there Henry drove some of them down in the pickup while Lee and I rode horses, the girls were already down there entertaining the younger (or older in Lily's case) boys.

Once we got down there the twins present table was filled, all the boys were swimming in the lake and the parents of a few of the children were talking to Aspen and Henry.

I was taking off my shirt and taking off my shoes, gettinv ready to get in the water. I had a nasty scar that was still healing from the initial cut and from the stitches.

Before I could even put my feet in the water I was being tackled into it.

When I came back up everyone was laughing and I turned to see who did it and saw a smiling Lee.

I shook my head and couldn't helo but smile as I jumped on him and dunked him underwater. Ehich just ended up backfiring as he pulled me down with him.

It continued like that for a while, some of the boys doing the same. Lee and I stopped when he pushed me into Autumn and Amber.

Amber instantly taking him down all the while I was laughing my ass off. Autumn doing the same.

Once he reserfaced Amber gave a smug grin at Lee's no longer smiling face.

She swam away, Lily following. I turned back to Autumn and got a glance at a mop of dirty blond hair and glasses. I looked at Autumn and to the boy then asked Autumn, "Did you know he was here?"

She looked behind her at him and answered with a nod, "He's here because his little brother is Jeff's best friend. He drive him."

"Well why don't you go talk to him, he looks lonely." I smiled.

She looked at me with a smile and sat there in thought before turning and going over to him.

I just as I was about to go out and float deeper in the lake Aspen called everyone for cake and presents.

When we all got out and dried off Aspen cursed, "Lee, Alex. Can one of you or both of you go get something to cut the cake with? I don't know how that could have slipped my mind."

"Where is it?" Lee asked.

"I don't know, both of you go see if you can find it."

We nodded and jogged to our horses. I decided to get on with Lee, it would be faster.

Once we were back at the house we got to the kitchen and searched every drawer until we found a knife for the cake.

As we walked out a truck pulled in the driveway and Lee and I both tensed. It was Bobby's truck but he wasn't in it. A very drunk Riley stepped out of the pick up, stumbling over his own feet.