Chapter Thirteen || Oh

Chapter Thirteen - Oh

A L E X A N D E R

Aspen and Henry had taken Jeff and Jack out to dinner for their birthday and Lily begged to go with them so they were gone that night. Autumn had her date which I gladdly helped her prepare for so she was gone.

It was just Lee, Amber and Me. I was going to the barn to get feed for the pigs which I had to feed since the twins were gone and Lee was taking care of the cows.

I had just walked into the barn when I heard something from the upstairs.

Figuring it was just a racoon or squirrel I just shrugged it off and when for the food.

But I heard it again and it sounded bigger than a squirrel. I went upstairs slowly to check it out, make sure it wasn't an intruder.

But once I got up there I stopped in my tracks, shocked by what I saw in front of me.

Amber was making out with another girl, quite intimately.

I cleared my throat and the two jumoed apart.

Amber instantly turning to me with a glare. The other girl looking like a deer caught in head lights.

"I thought you said no one would come up here." She looked paniced. She was obviously still in the closet.

"It's okay Grace." Amber said to the scared girl sweetly.

She turnes to me then, without a glare and said, "Please don't tell anyone. I'll come out when I'm ready to come out."

I nodded, "I respect that, you just might want to have your little make out sessions elsewhere, Lee might come in here and see you two."

She nodded, "Thanks, Alex." She half way smiled.

"Can I ask one question though?" I asked and she nodded, "How long has this been going on?"

"About a year, Grace isn't ready to come out but when she is we are doing it together." She said, taking hold of Graces hand. She obviously wasn't afriad of her sexuality.

"Cool, well I'll leave you two too it. I'll start dinner once I finish taking care of the pigs, feel free to join us Grace." I smiled before heading down.

As I was walking down I heard Grace say, "He seemed pretty cool." She sounded on the verge of hyperventilating though.

"Yeah, he gets it, at least I'm sure he does, he's gay." Amber replied.

I didn't hear anymore as I walked out of the barn with the pig food.

I ran into Lee on the way and he decided to help. Once we were done I started on dinner and Amber and Grace came in and joined us when it was done, Lee had a confused look on his face, obviously not understanding why Grace was here.

"I invited her over, mom knows." Amber said simply.

He just shrugged and sat down to eat.

No one really talked during dinner which was awkward but after Amber and Grace finished they disappeared into her room.

Lee turned to me when he was finished and asked, "Can you help me look at colleges now?"

I nodded and followed him to the living room after doing the dishes.

He opened up his laptop and began searching for Marine Biology schools in California. Once he found one that he was interested in he would right it down and it's requirements.

It came down to a total of four that he was interested in so he applied for all four that night, a few suggestions from me here and there but not a lot as I didn't know all that much more than he did.