Cars

Alec evening took a turn when he had to race to the police station, after he got a call that Jace's car got hit. What Izzy forgot to mention was that neither Clary or Jace were in it at the time of the hit. The car was parked outside the restaurant, when an unknown car smashed it's side. Alec got home to find that he left Magnus for this. 

"So you're telling me, you weren't in the car, the car's insurance is covering this and everything is going to be fine? Then why am I here!?" Alec asked his brother. He might have been to harsh but, come on, the night was so perfect! 

"First off, you didn't have to come, Izzy's the one who freaked out. Secondly, why are you dressed so fancy?" 

"Ugh, don't change the subject, Jace!" 

"I'm sorry I ruined...what ever you where doing, but please don't blame me for carless drivers." 

"Fine, let's go home, before Izzy calls mom and dad over this stupidity."

And that's how that night ended. With Alec driving his pain of a brother home, instead of being at Magnus'. Yup, just how Alec wanted to spend his Sunday. Now Alec was trying to fall back asleep but he couldn't. He looked at the clock. 5:15. Ugh. He rolled out of bed and rubbed his right hand over his face. Realization struck, as he looked at his fingers. Alec had lost his family ring! 

"I'm so screwed." 

Alec got dressed in his usual attire, a sweater and jeans, and went down to the kitchen. Isabelle was already down there and it was only 5:40. 

"This can't be good. Why are you up so early? Please don't tell me you're making breakfast." She looked up from her cup of coffee. 

"Nope, and I'm not that horrible at cooking. I couldn't fall back asleep." 

"Same." He poured himself a cup of coffee. 

"So where were you last night?" 

"What do you mean?" Alec said trying to act natural.

"I mean, why the fancy outfit?" 

"I was planning on going out, but I was stopped by a phone call from my dear sister."

"Where were you going?"

"Out." Alec dumped his coffee into the sink. If anyone could make coffee taste bad, it was Isabelle. Before Izzy could comment on the lack of a satisfying answer, her phone buzzed. 

"Hello? Hi, mom. How's England? Everyone's fine here. That's alright, I understand. Ok, love you too."

"And...?" 

"They aren't coming back for two more weeks. Apparently running a company, is more important than running a family."

"I'm sure they care about us, or else they wouldn't have called." Alec comforted his sister. 

"You should get dressed, cause I guess I'm driving us all to school, since Mr. Charm's charmmobile is in the shop." Iz laughed. 

An hour later Alec, Isabelle and Jace were in the car. Jace was driving because he insisted on proving his responsibility, but chauffeuring Alec around. 

"But this is my car. Chauffeuring only works when someone doesn't have a car. Technically, I'm supposed to be chauffeuring you around." 

"Yes, but, I wanted to drive." 

"Fine. At least drop me off by the back entrance. My locker is closer to that door, and I don't feel like walking across the school for no reason." Alec said. Jace pulled into the back parking lot, and Alec got out. He watched as the car drove off for the front parking lot. Alec sighed and headed inside. It was time to go back to being regular unnoticeable Alec Lightwood.