Chapter Seven

One Week Later...

(Jonhathan)

I can't take it. I really can't take it. Sitting at home that isn't a home to me and Jayden. Stuck inside where I always wanted to leave now living with parents I can't stand even more than before.

I hate them. I hate everything about them. They don't care about me. They don't love me. They don't deserve anything from me having wasted the years I was here with them and they treated me like nothing.

I was invisible. I was forgotten. I was left alone to venture out in the world where most people at school wanted to hurt me and no one seemed to notice. I was nothing to everyone even Chris who has the nerve now to write a letter and bring it over pretending to be a friend. He was never a friend. I don't consider him to be a friend after the years he tortured me along with his friends for years through school. I was a nobody until Jared came into my life and saved me.

I was finally free from here. I finally found someone who cared about me and loved me. I finally found someone who made me feel like a someone, a somebody and not a washed up nothing.

I was happy with him. I was happy at seeing him day after day with Jayden and watching him become a dad. He changed into a better person, he wasn't scary anymore. He showed love to both of us on good days.

I look over at the window in my bedroom that never used to have bars on it before I left but now it does. They keep me trapped inside with no way to leave the confines of here when they know I would have left already if I had the chance. An alarm system in place and the presence of the police car outside and a few news reporters continuing to watch right outside the house.

She blocked most of the local channels on the television upstairs and downstairs to stop me from seeing what is playing on the news about me and Jared. I'm not allowed to watch what's going on in the news concerning me because I'm not well. I supposedly have Stockholm syndrome to them when I know I don't. I'm perfectly fine if I wasn't here but I am.

Though I can't watch any of the news channels I can hear it when my parents listen to it in their room.

They think they're protecting me but their not. The news and the police have it all wrong too. Jared isn't a bad person. They are. Every one of them is not Jared.

He loves me. He cares about me even when he...he's not a bad person. He never intended to hurt me but show me I can trust him and we can be happy together.

*****

Six Years Earlier...

"Shut him up! Shut him up Jonhathan!" Jared shouts from the kitchen causing Jayden to cry even more and louder than before in my arms. He's only a month old and I'm trying to do the best I can in being a parent. I don't know everything. I'm still learning but I know yelling isn't going to make him stop. He will just cry more and frustrate Jared more. "I have a migraine! I don't need to hear him crying constantly. He hasn't shut up since he was born."

"I'm sorry. I'm trying."

"Trying?" he laughs, sinister and crazy as he has in the past.

He isn't acting the same. He hasn't been acting the same in the pass few months and I know he isn't taking his medication like he should. He's drinking again instead and it's been scaring me to watch him spiral out of control.

I know what he's capable in doing. He's hurt me in the past but I believed him when he said he was sorry and he was going to stop drinking. He said he was going to change and I thought he was telling the truth but was I wrong? Did he lie? Should I have left before Jayden was born? Would he hurt our son?