Chapter 4

Theo was currently staring at me from the other end of the bed, waiting for me to talk. We both knew what needed to be discussed but I wasn't one to start serious conversations like this.

After a few minute stare down finally Theo sighed and spoke, "Fine you can have the left side."

Smiling in victory I jumped to my now claimed side of the bed. Snuggling into the blankets I watched as Theo crawled in beside me and faced me. He turned off the lamp and now was just closing his eyes.

"I'm sure you're wondering about earlier." I started since I knew that not only should Theo know but it would be good to talk about my past with someone. I had never relived my past, not with the Wilson's, not with the only friend I had in this pack. I liked being secretive, enjoyed people thinking I was mysterious and complicated. Because without that I was just me, something I wasn't ready to come to terms with. Well, until now.

Theo's eyes popped open and he waited for me to speak.

Moving so I was laying on my back I stared at the ceiling and finally started my story. "I was 8 years old when I met The Wests'. They had adopted me from yet another orphanage that I had been shoved in. At first it was amazing. Kieran was the brother I never had and Mrs. West was my mom as soon as she saw me. Mr. West, though, was a very different story. He had agreed to the adoption solely on the fact it would make Mrs. West forget about what he had done. He hated me. I had everyone in the house answering my beck and call. Soon he showed what he really was. A monster. The Wests were invited to a party in celebration for Mr. West's now thriving company. However, right before we left he made it painfully obvious I was not invited. Then Kieran and Mrs. West protested and were shut up in a way I would rather not dwell on."

Theo immediately raised his hand to his stomach and though his face was passive I knew he as thinking of his own monster of a father.

"It was a year of absolute shit before I finally snapped. He had just... just.." I couldn't even bring myself to say what Mr. West had done to Mrs. West. It scared me every night that I was going to be the next victim to his midnight actions.

Theo pulled me close to him and buried his head in my hair while I continued to look up at the ceiling. I needed to finish this story, I needed to keep going because if i didn't get through it I knew I never would.

"After Mrs. West's screaming were silenced in not a pasted out way but a silent forever way I found Kieran on the ground sobbing. We both knew what Mr. West had done without even speaking to each other. With that I grabbed the biggest knife in the kitchen and waited for Mr. West to look for Kieran and me. My wolf came out, I saw red and I stabbed him  before shifting and running away."

Theo was silent, obviously thinking about what I had said. We both were quiet, dwelling about our past encounters with horrible fathers.

"You know, when I met you and after I heard the news about the Alpha, it was the first time I had smiled in 5 years." Theo pulled me even closer as he spoke. He lifted my face so I was making eye contact with him. "I hated everyone since no one ever spoke up for me, no one ever stopped the Alpha. They just let me suffer in hopes it would keep him happy enough to not turn his anger on them. I wanted to leave the pack and never come back, they were supposed to be an extended family but they never ever treated me like one. Not now not then. I was prepared to leave actually, but a certain eleven year old made it so leaving was not an option anymore."

He lifted a hand and moved a piece of hair out of my eyes. "I had never experienced actually giving a shit about another person... until you."

Not only had that been the most he had ever spoken but it was directed to me. It made me want to cry with how much I was seriously into this man. Wrapping my arms around his neck I pulled him into my arms and smiled when he returned the action.