Chapter 8

Once the dust settled, I looked down at Lilly crying in my arms. When the building blew I quickly shielded her and hit the ground with her completely protected though slightly squished.

I could feel a piece of building or glass that was stuck in my back as I tried to get up.

Screaming, I put Lilly on the ground so I could use both hands to get myself to a position that didn't hurt as much.
I was able to get to my knees and hunch over slightly. Breathing a few times I looked around me, though wasn't able to turn all the way around, and saw people coughing, yelling, and crying.

"Shh, Lilly, please." I said through clenched teeth as I tried to move again but it just ended up with me screaming.

"Fuck." I whispered as I looked over Lilly and seeing if she was hurt. Though she had dust and dirt all over her she was fine.

I tried to move again but I just ended up tumbling to the ground. When I fell this time I turned and landed on my side. It hurt so much I screamed once again.

"Hayden?!"

My eyes started to close as I laid there trying to remember how to breath.

"Hayden?!!"

I heard lots of movement before a hand touched my shoulder and pulled me up.

"Don't close your eyes, please don't close your eyes. I'm here." 

I saw Theo's crazed eyes and panicked expression.

Hey, look who's talking to me now...

With one last scream from whatever was in my back going further in, I passed out and hoped that I didn't die.

************************************************************************************************

You know when you wake up and have no idea what had happened and then suddenly it comes crashing to you?

Yeah... I didn't get that feeling. When I woke I was exactly aware of what happened and why my back was aching and why I had been sleeping on my stomach.

Moving my hand I felt the bandages wrapped around my entire torso. It hurt to even do that.

"Hayden?"

I knew the voice belonged to Theo, even with him being on the other side of the room and I facing a wall. 

Hearing him shuffle around I realized it was dark in the room and he had probably been asleep.I knew I wasn't going to be able to turn and face him. My head was in this direction and in this direction it was going to stay.

"Theo?"

"You're awake!" He moved even faster and was in front of my face suddenly.

Though it was dark I could perfectly see his face. He had his right eye bandaged and his arm in a sling, other then that he looked okay.

"What is wrong with my back?" I asked, realizing I had no idea what was in it or what condition it was in.

Theo was silent for a second before he took a deep breath and replied. "Glass was embedded into almost every part of your back. You also looked like you had been hit by some concrete as there was a huge bruise in the middle. How you manged to stay awake as long as you did is insane."

"Did it fuck anything up? Will it get better?"

Theo put his head into my sheets and didn't look me in the eye. "Surprisingly yes. It should heal and fast with the whole werewolf thing."