Chapter 5

I did have a job, only worked from home though. I swear I normally did my work on my laptop. From just looking at me you might think I was completely lazy. Which I guess wasn't too far off since I was just laying on my bed playing with my phone. My computer was on the desk but my motivation was at a solid negative 2. I was an editor for a publishing company and one of their bests, even have started working on my very own books, but there were times where no matter how much I try I had no will to work.

I even tried to listen to some motivational music and watch inspiration speakers. It was no use. Facebook, and the Internet in general, had more of my interest than my actual job.

I was the first werewolf this company had ever hired so it was my duty to make sure that everything I did was amazing and perfect. This meant that not only could I not focus on work at the moment I was also stressed as hell about it.

In one swift movement I was on the opposite end of the bed with a blanket wrapped tightly around me like a burrito.

I moved so my head was also surrounded by blanket and the only light that was in my little cave of disappointment was my phone. 

While I was cursing ever getting a job and hating my life, Theo was out doing his job. Now, werewolves were normally only hired for construction, building, or athletes since we we are so enhanced in those skills compared to other species... however, like me, Theo had an exception on his line of work.  He was going to a school in the next town for Astrophysics. ASTROPHYSICS.

Theo was not only attractive as hell but also smart as hell. Plus on top of that he was the Alpha. Which isn't all that demanding its more of just a rank to keep packs sane. It has always been an element in real wolves activities so werewolves just adopted the principle.

However, in the wild Alpha's are in charge of survival and things that don't have any place or need in the modern world. The pack wasn't run like a utopian society like how it is perceived in literature. It is just an extended family. Not often do people join. Considering this planet is full of different species it is hard for werewolves to find their mates.  So there hasn't been anyone in this pack that has found their mate in recent years meaning no one has joined in a long time. Jason's mate is an exception. Normally, even when a werewolf has a mate of a different species they can live within the pack but aren't technically part of it. Since Jason is the next Beta, his mate gets special treatment.

As I scrolled and scrolled I tried so hard to let myself relax enough to not be stressed about the work I wasn't doing. The article I was working on was due in two days and I was only half done.

Deciding that laying around, being miserable, and not focusing wasn't doing me any good, I got up from my pathetic state and took a walk outside.

The houses that the packed lived in were scattered in a small area but relatively close enough to have a perimeter. Though we didn't stalk the sides of our area or have patrols it was unofficially disclosed that this area was our area. More like the human equivalent of owning a piece of land but there was no papers just societal understanding that different species of the Other category weren't allowed here without permission. Humans were always an exclusion the these rules. Humans, in general, had a different rule book that set them apart from the paranormal and supernatural and monsters and such.

Since Earth was mostly human populated they got to live normally as they were before different creatures were recognized and protected under Constitution. So in our little werewolf area, there was humans among and in the borders. Whether they were aware of the imaginary borders of the "Other" category was unknown. They put up with us so we decided not to ban together to kill them. It was win for both Humans and Others.