Chapter 7

Before the meet and greet with Jason's mate I decided that Theo not shifting was a problem that needed to be solved.

So that led to the two of us in the middle of the forest trying to force a shift.

"Alright, maggot, you need to figure your shit out soon otherwise we are going to be late for the meet and greet and the good food will all be gone." I yelled, trying to impersonate a drill sergeant.

We had been out here for 2 hours with no success. Theo was past frustrated and angry but now at the level where he said nothing and would sit for minutes just staring at me.

I had only a few ideas of how to make him shift. All of which didn't work. My first was just trying to get him to go slowly instead of expecting a full shift. That obviously was a fail. Then I hoped I could use a sense of danger to get a response so I attacked him but that was a bust since we just made out instead of fighting.

After many, many fails of forcing the shift I just wanted to stop and go meet Jason's mate.

I laid down in the grass next to him,  I watched his face and knew exactly what he was feeling.

"Do you know what I think?" I asked, pulling grass up with my fingers and playing with it.

Theo didn't answer but I knew he was listening so I continued.

"I think you are blocking something. Whatever you're suppressing is affecting your connection within yourself. That's why you can't shift."

He made no indication that I was right or wrong. Perhaps he already knew what was happening and why.

Theo sighed before getting up and wiping the dirt off his pants. He held out a hand for me and when I was upright he kept hold of me.

"You can tell me what is bothering you, you know. I'm right here." I said softly, feeling him bringing me closer before stopping right before kissing me.

He rested his forehead on mine for a few seconds before kissing my head and walking away.

I knew I shouldn't be surprised that he didn't want to talk, I knew that even though he had shared before he wasn't always going too, I knew that being involved with him wasn't going to be easy... I knew all this yet I was still hurt when he chose to block me out.

When my past came back, I handled it right away and explained it all to him. That wasn't easy, I had so many fears about everything but I sucked it up cause I wanted this to work. I wanted to never have to hide anything from him.

I guess things like that are sometimes only one sided.

Taking a deep breath, I started to walk slowly as I followed him out of the forest and to the meet and greet. Maybe seeing Marie would make me feel better about this whole mate thing.

Or just jealous at how easily Marie and Henry showed affection towards each other, how open they were with each other.

Maybe I'll just go for a little and then leave.

Clearly, I need some time to myself.

************************************************************************************

"Hayden! Oh my god, have you met Jason's mate? She is gorgeous and so nice and I'm so excited for her to be with us!" Marie found me as soon as I stepped foot in the grounds of the event.

It was agreed that the place for the get together was going to be the park that had a Museum within its grounds that could hold events where food was served.