Meeting The Victim

Disclaimer: I do not own nor did I create any character of resemblance to characters created by the author of Percy Jackson, Rick Riordan.

Nancy P.O.V.

As I sat on the steps of the school, I gave a sidelong glance to the blonde next to me. She was a close friend of mine, Annabeth Chase.

"Why are we sitting here, again?" I asked her. She turned her head and I was met with stormy grey eyes.

"Didn't I already tell you this?" She cocked her head to the side and looked at me questioningly. I shook my head and she sighed in exasperation, "We are waiting because my boyfriend is coming to pick me up. And, if I can remember correctly, I do recall you wanting to meet him."

Oh, that makes sense. I hadn't really known much about him except that he was handsome, loyal, funny, but painfully oblivious.

The fact that I was going to meet him in a few minutes excited me, and I immediately perked up and looked around expectantly.

I saw a beat up old blue car roll into the parking lot, but quickly dismissed it and kept looking.

I felt Annabeth stand up and swiveled my head in her direction. I followed her gaze to the beat up blue car and realized that I had overlooked her boyfriend's car.

I stood too as the door opened and a mess of black hair poked out of the car, followed by sunglasses and a muscled body.

From what I could see so far, her boyfriend was hot, but I couldn't see very much of his face except white teeth.

He strode toward us and picked Annabeth up, spinning her around, then placing her back on her feet. He slid off his sunglasses, and I gasped in surprise at the whirling green orbs behind them.

This guy looked familiar. And I didn't like it one bit.

Something about those eyes reminded me of way back when, the point in time where I was a kleptomaniac kid that no parent wanted.

But I held my tongue, letting Annabeth and her boyfriend finish their little reunion. After some muttering and head shaking, and of course a couple pecks on the lips here and there, Annabeth turned back to me, smiling.

"Nancy, this is Percy. Percy, Nancy. " Annabeth pointed to each of us in turn.

Wait. . . Percy?

Memories bombarded my brain and I finally figured out why I recognized him. The dork I'd messed with in middle school turned into a hunk and just so happened to be dating one of my closest friends. I mean, the odds of that sort of thing happening was probably painfully small.

And, from the looks of it, he had figured it out too.

I scrunched my eyebrows together, then brought them back out to normal, "Oh, hi, Percy. Long time, no see, huh?"

He sat there for a second before replying, "Uh yeah. Hi. How's it been going for you? Since I left Yancy, I mean."

Annabeth put her hands out, "Hold up. You guys know each other?"

"Uh, yeah. We used to go to school together and-" he was cut off by a blast of Green Day coming from his pocket. He quickly pulled out a phone.

He looked between the phone and Annabeth then held up a hand, "Before you say anything, my mom made me get and said she would only call me if there was an emergency or if I'm late for dinner. And....crap I'm late again. Hold on a sec guys. "

He then proceeded to answer his phone and started to walk towards his car. He leaned up against it.

A few seconds later, he yelled out, "WHAT?"

He said one more thing before ending the call and dashing back to me and Annabeth, "One of our old friends just payed my mom a visit and destroyed my living room."

Annabeth's eyes widened and she said, "Let's go."

They ran towards the car, yelling out farewells and a couple waves before speeding off.

*Author's Note*

Hey! I finally updated!

For those of you out there reading this that just so happened to be divergent fans as well, listen up.

So me and one of my friends are coauthoring a new book featuring characters that live in the divergent dystopian world, and they do connect to tris in the end of the story. If I do say so myself, it is quite clever, so give it a read!

Thanks for reading.

Comment, review, vote, and always...

Keep Smiling,

AlgaeEars