Meeting the Boyfriend II

Disclaimer: I do not own nor did I create any character of resemblance to characters created by the author of Percy Jackson, Rick Riordan.

Brady POV

"And you're sure?" I said to one of my best friends.

"I really am sorry, Brady. I just have a lot on my plate right now." She adjusted the books in her hands so that they wouldn't fall.

"But, but this is the only time my parents will let me throw a party! If you don't come now, when will you? This is the exact same conversation we had last year, and I won't take no for an answer, Annabeth." I crossed my arms and stared her down.

She opened her mouth, probably to try and convince me otherwise, when my girlfriend, Maddie, came striding towards us.

"Hey, guys. Sorry it took me so long. You know how Mrs. Towns likes to basically keep us captive until five minutes after the bell rings. What did I miss?" she looks between the two of us.

I sling my arm around her shoulders, catching some of her dirty blonde pony tail in between my arm and her neck, "This one," I point at Annabeth. "decided that she is too busy to come to my party. Again."

Maddie fixes her with a cold blue stare. Annabeth meets her gaze, as if saying, you don't scare me.

Annabeth looks in between the two of us, "I'm gonna go wait on the steps for my ride."

She stalked off. Maddie and I exchanged a look, then

we sped after her. When we finally caught up to her, she was set up on the front steps, typing away at her laptop. I sat next to her, Maddie taking a seat on my lap. I curled my arms around her waist as Annabeth consulted a sheet of paper she had sitting next to her, before going back to the screen.

She hit the backspace so many times, I thought she would break it. Then, she slammed her fist down so hard on the keyboard, I was absolutely positive that she was gonna need a new computer. But, somehow, she just started to tap away again.

I looked over at Maddie, and a silent understanding went between us.

"Annabeth?" I started cautiously, "Would you mind telling us what the heck is going on?"

She whipped her head towards us and glared, "Brady, . . ."

And then she started to rant about how sorry she was that she couldn't come to my party and all that stuff, but I wasn't paying attention to her.

I was paying attention to the guy who was starting to sit behind her.

He crossed his arms, draped his elbows onto Annabeth's shoulders and said, "You should really try going to a party. They are actually quite fun."

She didn't even look up from her laptop, "Since when do you ever go to parties?"

"I go to Goode High school. My first friend there turned into the party master during junior year so I get invited to all the parties. And I don't always hang out with you because you are always busy. So I say you are going to that party. " He nodded as if he were proud to have come up with what he did.

I decided this dude might actually help us, so I said, "Yes, see? Even a random guy agrees with me."

"This is not just a random guy. Random guy, meet Maddie and Brady, my best friends from school. Best friends from school, meet Percy, my boyfriend. Who, by the way, is taking me to the movies during your party so it would make it absolutely impossible for me to come." She smiled to herself.

"Easy, " Percy stated. "We will just go to the party on a date instead of to the movies on a date. "

He seemed proud for his statement. Annabeth countered his pride with a statement he probably hadn't thought of.

"Percy, you don't even know if you're invited. You can't just invite yourself." Annabeths and Percy looked over at me.

I looked in between them, realizing they were asking me if Percy could come silently. I couldn't really think of anything to say though. This situation was getting weirder and weirder as the day went on.

Maddie woke me from my daze by smacking me on the shoulder, and giving me a well, are you gonna answer them or what? face when I looked at her in surprise.

"Oh- yeah totally you can come Percy. If you can get this major party pooper to come to any kind of event, you are automatically invited." I said, looking in between them again.

Percy looked over at Annabeth, eyebrows raised and a big smile. She looked at him and shrugged, "Fine with me. See you there. " She said the second part looking over at us.

I nodded ecstatically, smiling as Maddie gave me a short hug.

"Now. " Percy said. "Are you guys willing to help us clean up my kitchen from when Leo tried to help my mom make cookies and eat the ones that survived? 'Cause my mom texted me that his last attempt was twenty minutes ago."

Annabeth looked confused, "How does he keep getting into your apartment?"

"No idea. Although I have a feeling that it has something to do with the fact that he knows how to take apart a door knob, so he probably just disassembles my door then puts it back together. And you know my mom won't kick anybody out once they are in. So you guys up to it?" Percy smiled goofily and Maddie and I both agreed.

We spent the rest of the afternoon scraping blue colored cookie dough off of cabinets and eating the ones that had actually been cooked. Even though it seemed like someone obviously didn't know how to cook, I assumed the cookies we were eating were the first batch and then someone came and messed it up.

I had to admit, Percy Jackson was a pretty cool guy.

Hello my demigod meeters! hope you enjoyed the chapter. I know it has been a while since I updated, but lately, I have been finishing up my eighth grade year, so I had graduation and awards and end of the year field trips and like eight exams and yearbook signings so I have been swamped.

Buuuuuuuuuut............ it is now officially summer and now I have like too much time and not enough friends to fill it with so I turned to you guys and I plan on updating more.

So if you will excuse me, I'm gonna work on an update for another story!

Comment, review, vote and always...

Keep Smiling,

AlgaeEars