Meeting the Parents

Disclaimer: I do not own nor did I create any character of resemblance to characters created by the author of Percy Jackson, Rick Riordan.

Frederick's POV

"Susan!"

I caught sight of her red highlighted hair done up in its usual bun as she called out, "Yes, dear?"

"Have you seen my glasses?" I searched through a couple cabinets.

"They're in your study, Frederick." she yelled softly.

"My study." I muttered to myself. "Why didn't I check there first?"

I bounded up the stairs to my study, grabbing my glasses from my desk and smiling happily at the room. As I walked back down stairs, cleaning the lenses on the end of my button up, the doorbell rang.

Susan made a dash from the kitchen as she hurried for the door, "They're here."

"Who's with her, again?"I asked as she straitened her bun.

"Her best friend. You should know this." She yanked open the door and we were greeted with the sight of Annabeth's smiling face.

I looked for someone else, getting a glimpse of a figure walking up, carrying a couple bags.

Annabeth jumped forward to give me a tight hug as her best friend walked up.

I recognized him. He was that same boy that showed up on my porch all those years ago when Annabeth had been kidnapped. He had the same black hair. Same green eyes. Only differences were that he was much taller and stronger. But there was something else. Something about the both of them. They had a new wary ness. They were tense. I would usually dismiss this for the usual demigod cautiousness, but this seemed out of character.

I pushed it the side as they set they're bags down on the ground next to the front door, and Susan and I ushered them to the kitchen to eat dinner.

"Matthew, Bobby, dinner!" I shouted towards they're room.

Not five seconds later, footsteps pounded across the ceiling and then the stars sounded as if a jackhammer was on it. The boys skidded to a stop in the doorway, then calmly walked over to the table and sat at they're places. I smiled at them, sitting down, at the head of the table.

***

Time Skip.

***

Living Room.

***

"I'm going to use the restroom." Percy stood from the couch and bounced up the stairs.

Susan immediately turned to Annabeth, "I like him."

Annabeth smiled, "Me too." she turned to Bobby and Matthew. "So guys, how's school going. You're in fourth grade, right?"

Bobby immediately brightened. I had noticed that Bobby had enjoyed school more than Matthew, "Yeah! And one of my teachers decided that we should learn the Greek myths!"

Annabeth smiled, "Yeah? And what did he teach you today?"

Bobby was basically about to take off from his seat he was so excited, "We learned about the Underworld. He told us about how Hades drew the short straw when they were drawing for different parts of the Earth, and that he was really unhappy about it, and how the deepest and darkest part of the Underworld is named something really cool! Hold on what's the name, Matthew?"

"Doesn't it sound like tartar sauce or something?" He replied warily.

"Oh, yeah! Tartarus! The deepest part of the Underworld is Tartarus!"

"Wow Bobby that's some cool stuff." Annabeth said brightly.

Matthew spoke up, "I think Percy and Annabeth are dating."

I immediately disagreed, "No, they're not Matthew. Annabeth has to run boys past me before she decides if she wants to date them."

"Excuse me?" Annabeth looked at me incredulously.

I looked in her eyes, "I have to approve of your boyfriends. I am your father."

"I'm sorry. You lost the privilege of approving my boyfriends a long time ago. I could date Percy or any other guy on this planet if I chose to do so, Dad." She snarled as she began to rise.

I stood quickly, "I am your father. Nothing changes that. So you listen to me, Annabeth-."

"No, you listen to me," we were nose to nose now, "you do not get to control any aspect of my life like a dad does, because you chose not to take the responsibility that comes with it at the beginning. So deal with-."

Her voice had raised to a shout and I saw Percy running from the bathroom out of the corner of my eye and vault himself over the railing. He landed swiftly on the floor, rushing over to where everyone was, wrapped his arms around Annabeth's waist, and yanked her away as she began to yell profanities at me. He began to whisper in her ear as Susan and the boys stood next to me.

We watched in pure shock as Annabeth immediately stopped yelling and relaxed. She turned in his arms and buried her face into his shoulder. He rested his chin on the top of her head as she hugged him tight. He looked over at us, his eyes glancing over our positions. He focused back on Annabeth as he kissed the top of her head. They pulled away from each other, exchanging the hug for interlocking their hands and I finally figured out why they seemed so out of character and tense.

They were dating. And they were trying to hide it until the right moment. Susan, the boys and I plopped onto the couch because of only one thing.

No one had ever succeeded in calming Annabeth down when she was as furious at someone as she just was at me. And Percy did so within seconds. They walked over cautiously, sitting down at one of the couches.

That evening straightened back out, and it became pleasant. I learned to live with the idea that my daughter and Percy were a couple. And the next morning, I smiled at the sight of the two curled up next to each other on the couch, a kiddie movie title screen repeating itself on the TV.

This chapter is dedicated to potterica7 for giving me this idea.

Greenninjagal- lol I know right. That's why I enjoyed writing that chapter so much. Because the campers actually won!

Lost-in-fiction- It's no problem at all. You guys make my day everyday and the least I can do in return is make some of your days. If that makes sense.

Catholickid17 ~ biscotti_hs- Glad to hear that I got her character right somewhere.

WuerdGirl~greekgirl1015

~ ilovehomies ~percyandannabeth13~ Ancient tide- So... Does that mean I did good on writing in Thalia's POV?

Goddessofgummybears- it's good to hear that my writing made you love a character like that.

CalypsoValdes02- Glad you liked it! And here's another chapter for you. Hope you enjoyed it.

Percabethavrilfan- You rock Amy! And keep on rocking. Who knows when that name could reappear in another one of my stories? Hmmm? *raises eyebrow*

Hope you like this chapter.

Comment, review, vote and always...

Keep Smiling,

AlgaeEars