Meeting the Girlfriend

Disclaimer: I do not own nor did I create any character of resemblance to characters created by the author of Percy Jackson, Rick Riordan.

Christian POV

"Hey, Chris. You still comin' over after school today to hang out?" my friend Percy said, shouldering his backpack.

I smiled, "I wouldn't miss it. I'm not giving up until I beat you at that game."

Percy laughed, "Good. But we gotta take the subway. I forgot to get gas on my way home yesterday, so I had to leave it at the apartment and take the subway."

"Okay, cool. I just gotta grab something from my locker first. Wait out front for me." I pulled my phone out of my pocket as I turned, checking for any missed messages before sliding it right back into my pocket.

"Well, hurry up, man. My mom's makin' cookies." Percy yelled out.

Damn. Percy knew I was a sucker for Ms. Sally's cookies. I slowly started to pick up my pace. By the time I made it to the hallway with my locker, I was full on sprinting. I slid to a stop in front of my locker, putting in my combination as quickly as possible. I held the mouth of my backpack agape as I used my other arm to swipe my books and folders messily into my bag.

I swung the misshapen bag onto my back, cringing as it hit my spine with every long leap I made. But, nevertheless, I kept up the pace. I clapped my hand onto Percy's shoulder as I came up beside him.

He smiled, then started up a light jog. Our school was on the corner of 42 St and 3 ave. so we made our way down the short block to Grand central.

"What train are we taking?" I panted.

"The 456 line for six stops, get of on 96 st. Then we gotta walk the two blocks to Madison Ave." Percy wasn't out of breath at all. He was the school's best swimmer, so it was basically a requirement to have good lungs. Plus he was extremely fit. I wasn't really into the swimming though. Being the goalie for the school soccer team was more my speed.

No one ever really gets very surprised at two teens running through grand central. In fact, it was expected. And since we were already pretty late for the train, we had to sprint down the flight of stairs that led to the 456 line. We glided in just as it was about to pull out. It was pretty empty, considering it was around 2:45. Not many adults were off work yet, and all the teens were through the subway by the time of 2:30, so we had a nice choice of seats. We collapsed into two chairs at the back of the train as we caught our breath.

So, Percy and I decided to play the subway game to pass the time. The goal of the game is to take a guess at what someone's job was, and whoevers made the most sense won.

So Percy and I set to studying those around us, and we came to agreement that the man that was slumped in the corner with a scraggly beard was unemployed, the business looking man standing up was a lawyer, and the guy that looked like he was ready to take a nap was a fireman. We sort of cheated on the last one. His shirt had an emblem on it that said F.D.N.Y. 42 DIVISION. We laughed for a little about randomness, when the subway announced that we were pulling up to 96 st. We jumped up, sprinted out the door and took the steps three at a time. The sunlight hurt my eyes as we began our way to Madison Ave. We weren't paying much attention, so it wasn't a surprise when I almost got hit by a taxi.

I smacked the hood with the palm of my hand as the guy cussed me out from behind the wheel. I raised up my hand and yelled, "Hey, I'm walking here!"

"Keep on walking kid!" The cabbie shouted as he leaned out the window.

Percy grabbed me by the arm and dragged me into the lobby of his apartment building. He smashed the button on the elevator, and jumped in when it arrived. I followed suit.

We watched the numbers as they increased, muttering, "Come on."

We heard a ding as we sprinted through the doors and down the hall. Percy fumbled while trying to get his keys into the lock.

He swung the door wide, "Hey, we're home!"

I saw Ms. Sally pop her head out the kitchen door, flour smeared on one cheek.

"Oh, hello Christopher. Come get some cookies. The first batch just came out." She smiled warmly.

Percy and I high-fived, glad that we got here just in time. We went to the kitchen, and started to eat cookies to our hearts content.

***

Later, while we were racing once again, I heard a girls voice coming from Percy's room. I dismissed it for Percy's mom, and returned my attention to the TV.

It wasn't Percy's mom.

Seconds later, a girl with curly blonde hair came into the room, "Percy, have you seen my laptop?"

Percy pressed pause, "Yeah, I plugged it into the wall over there after you fell asleep last night."

She went up next to the TV bending down to pick up her laptop when she froze. Then, she broke my eardrums with a high pitched scream. She dove behind the couch we were sitting on. On her way, her foot rammed into Percy forehead, and my nose was officially well introduced with the back of her hand. Not a second later, her head popped up from behind the couch, and her glare was fixed on the black speck hovering over my car in the video game.

"Percy," the blonde said.

"Huh?"

"Percy."

"What?"

"Spider, TV, kill, now." She said, not moving at all.

Percy rubbed his forehead as he sighed and stood, grabbing a tissue from the coffee table. He approached the TV at a slow pace, then grabbed what I assumed to be a spider from the screen.

"Toilet." the girl told Percy.

"On it." Percy escaped into the bathroom, and I immediately heard a loud flush, before he reappeared.

"All taken care of, little miss scaredy cat." He smiled playfully.

"Shut up." She hissed back.

"Hold up." I said putting a hand up, "what am I missing here."

"Oh sorry bro. This is Annabeth. My girlfriend." He smiled, "who has a fear of spiders."

She glared at him, "it's not a fear. It's a wariness."

"It's a fear." he said without breaking eye contact with me.

"No, it's a wariness."

It's a fear, he mouthed to me.

I looked in between the two.

Percy gave Annabeth a kiss on the cheek, then plopped back onto the couch, pressing play.

That was the first time I met Percy's girlfriend, and the first time I beat Percy at racing.

RakshaKeller14: Glad to hear it. I was really excited when I wrote that one!

Lost-In-Fiction: Well, it's a good thing you love to read it, 'cause I love to write it! makes things balance perfectly don't you think?

snappy1: well I love you so I'm glad you commented!

Review, comment, vote and always...

Keep Smiling,

AlgaeEars