Meeting the Official Jackson

Disclaimer: I do not own nor did I create any character of resemblance to characters created by the author of Percy Jackson, Rick Riordan.

Thomas POV

The harsh blowing of the whistle pulled me out of the zone I had become accustomed to when swimming. I stuck my head out of the water, only to find our coach scowling deeply.

This couldn't be good. This only happened if we lost, or if there was a teammate was missing. And considering the Olympics was still a year away, I was leaning heavily towards the latter.

Only question was, who was missing.

Coach began to pace around the edge of the pool, another sign that someone was missing, "Has anybody made contact in anyway with Mr. Jackson today?"

Jackson. Percy Freaking Jackson. No wonder coach was in a sour mood. Out of all of us, Jackson had definitely been the most successful, even though he was the youngest of us. So when his star pupil was late to practice, coach deserved to have a bad attitude.

All coach received was a bunch of head shakes.

"Well, alright, then. Five minute water break. I'm going to try to get in touch with his wife." He slid his cellphone out of his pocket, dialing quickly.

"Coach Linard!" A shout echoed from the direction of the locker room. Coach immediately locked his phone and dropped it back into his pocket.

"Mr. Jackson. May I ask why you are twenty-two minutes late to practice?" Coach had his arms crossed tightly, a cold glare playing across his face.

"I was at the hospital." Percy replied.

Coach immediately loosened his stance, finally taking time to scrutinize Percy, looking for any injuries.

"Oh, no. Not for me. My cousin's kid was born last night and I was visiting them." Percy said quickly, noticing Coach's uneasiness at the thought of Jackson being injured.

"Alright. Next time though, I can't let you off the hook. You know the fine for being late to practice." He said.

"Yes, sir." Percy nodded curtly before jogging lightly over to the water cooler, where we were all standing.

"Sup' Jack." We greeted him. We passed around fist bumps with him.

"I never have asked why you guys call me that." He said, looking at us quizzically.

"So that when you finally have a kid, we can call you Jack, and we can call the mini you Jackson." I explained.

"I guess that sort of makes sense." He said.

"Alright, men. Back in the pool. We have less than ten months to finish our training so we have to keep up with the workout. Everybody, fifty laps." Coach blew his obnoxious whistle.

We sprinted for the pool, diving in expertly. We swam hard and fast, coach watching us intently and yelling out critiques. This went on for hours, coach giving us water breaks very few and far between. We were just wrapping up when we all heard a cute laugh reverberate from the entrance.

We all swam to the edge of the pool, eyes fixed expectantly on the door, anxious to see who the laugh came from. We were all surprised to see a toddler waddle in, faster than any of us expected to see a toddler move. He had a good amount of curly black hair sprouting from his head, and his grey green eyes sparkled in delight.

His eyes ran over all of us, locking happily on someone to my far right, "Daddy!"

We froze, looking quizzically at the small boy, before our heads whipped around to find who the boy was talking to.