Ch 9 Bitch Witch

We continued to walk around the neighborhood and before I knew it, I saw my house coming up.

"Shit." I started to freak out and I started to walk in the complete opposite direction.

"What's wrong?" Catherine turned around.

I heard Gerard quickly come after me. "Frank, Frank, listen."

I felt his hands on my shoulders and I crouched down on the road.

"You don't have to go near your house. We can go right past it. It's okay." Gerard tried to comfort me.

"No, no it's not that-"

"Frank?" my mom's voice burned through my ears and every bone in my body.

Why was she talking to me now? Wasn't I not her son?

I stood up and looked at Gerard who was as confused as I was.

"Yes?" I asked, coldly, as I turned to find my mom in a shitty witch costume, or dare I say bitch costume.

"It's your birthday, isn't it?" My mom stated.

"Yeah, I guess so." I tried to make it as obvious as possible that I was pissed.

"I'm heading back to the house, you want to come?" That smile. She was putting on that plastic smile.

"I think we both know the answer to that question." I muttered and continued walking away from the house.

Luckily, the others got the message and followed. Gerard walked next to me, giving me space to cool off.

I think Bob got bummed out after that and decided to leave with Brianna. Ray, Catherine, and Damon decided to sleep over after Gerard's mom thoroughly persuaded them with breakfast and her motherly sass. It sounded awesome that they were staying the night, but to be honest, I really just wanted to be with Gerard. I felt like I couldn't keep up with the fake distance much longer.

I got myself situated on the couch by Gerard as close as I possibly could. But I really just wanted to curl up next to him and melt right into his warm body that smelled so good.

"Just lay down Frank." Gerard said quietly.

"But..."

"It'll be okay. Damon and Mikey already know and Catherine likes girls. Plus, I think Ray will be chill about it." Gerard wrapped his arms around me. "So just relax babe." He pulled me down so I was resting on his chest.

I melted instantly. All of the stress from earlier evaporated.

"Happy Birthday."

"Thank you Gerard." I whispered into his ear.

I felt Gerard gasp a bit.