Epilogue

I stood in front of the playground watching Andy and Laurel run around and giggling. The two were inseparable siblings. Sirius was barking at them and wagging his scruffy tail, probably begging them to run after him.

I felt my phone buzz in my back pocket and I answered it. "Hello?"

"The train's running late. I'm sorry."

"Dammit! Really?" I whined a bit.

"I'll probably arrive a few hours late."

"Well shit, do you want me to wait?"

"No, go on ahead. I'll meet you there."

"Okay..." I shuffled my foot and kicked a few leaves.

"Oh and one more thing. Can you turn around for me?"

"Wait, what?" I twisted my torso to find my brown haired wonder in his green parka and holding a purple paper gift bag. "Oh my god..." I smiled and ran up to Gerard, squeezing him tight and taking in his warmth.

"Hey." He laughed lightly and nuzzled his way in to kiss me. His slight stubble felt so good against my skin and lips tasted so good. I would never get tired of it. "I got the kids gifts."

"I can see that." I looked up at his hazel eyes.

"Dad!" The two exclaimed, making the dog bark.

We later attended Damon's book signing. A few years ago, she felt the liberty to write about our experiences with the bullying at our high school and the whole ordeal she went through herself. It's been great seeing her confront it with the boldness that I first saw when she was at Gerard's house for my birthday in her black lipstick and white hair, which, by the way, hasn't changed one bit. She's now a fashion designer with looks to kill and is always asking for me and Gerard to model for her website. She even asks the kids sometimes and they're always game.

Mikey went to college. He said he wanted to study sociology but in reality he just went to find band mates. Now they tour and write all the time.

As for me, I make music. A solo record with the Cellabration (the spelling's an inside joke). Everything's pretty much settled as far as life challenging difficulties go. And it's been great coming home to and artist and two kids with a big scruffy dog and Gerard's cat. We've all found our places in the world, wether it was making one, or living in the one that's been handed to us.

But as predicted, we've all made our own.