This Is How I Disappear

So. This is how I disappear. In the leather glove of a man I'd just met. How terrifying yet exciting.

"Where are we going?" I questioned the white haired man, lightly tugging his uniform with my free hand.

"Away. Just away from here. This parade just marches on forever in different directions. We disappear for a while then march back when it's our time to shine again."

"Oh," I sighed. "So who are these people, why are they marching behind us, why does this parade even exist it shouldn't exist, what is even going on?" My heart beat quickened and my breath grew heavy. "Sorry I just. I don't like this."

The white haired man laughed, then ruffled my hair as if I were a child. "This'll all be explained in good time, She. Don't fret. And as for the 'I don't like this'. Well all I can say is... look at Mama over here," He pointed to the right, allowing me to focus on a woman with a gas mask on her face. "Fear and Regret too." My eyes now drew in on the two girls marching behind Mama, the two looked awfully similar. Twins almost. "Look how phoenominal their posture is, the stripe across their eyes, their expressions are so well formed and- they like it. I can tell. You don't put that much effort into something you don't enjoy, right?"

"Oh I suppose." I hung my head in silence, upset I hadn't gotten the answers I was hoping for.

Black smoke materialized out of thin air just above the white haired man's hand, morphing into the shape of a microphone that he soon picked up. "Now, show's over for now. We picked up our girl, She. She seems very settled in at the moment. Right.?" I nodded, that was a lie however. "Good, good. Glad you're comfortable. Back to the tents, ladies and gents. Let's go." He smirked at me once more before shifting his fingers and reading himself for the next song for the crowd to march to.

To un-explain the unforgivable,

Drain all the blood and give the kids a show.

By streetlight this dark night,

A seance down below.

There're things that I have done,

You never should ever know!

And without you is how I disappear,

And live my life alone forever now.

And without you is how I disappear,

And live my life alone forever now.

Who walks among the famous living dead,

Drowns all the boys and girls inside your bed.

And if you could talk to me,

Tell me if it's so,

That all the good girls go to heaven.

Well, heaven knows.

That without you is how I disappear,

And live my life alone forever now.

And without you is how I disappear,

And live my life alone forever now.

Can you hear me cry out to you?

Words I thought I'd choke on figure out.

I'm really not so with you anymore.

I'm just a ghost,

So I can't hurt you anymore,

And now, you wanna see how far down I can sink?

Let me go, fuck!

So, you can, well now so, you can

I'm so far away from you.

Well now so, you can.

And without you is how I disappear,

And without you... is how, is how, is how...

Forever, forever now!

The paraders came to a sudden stop just as the song ended, almost as if it had been timed before-hand.

"Say hello to our Silver Settlement." Cooed the white haired man's velvety voice into my ear.