Blood

Well they encourage your complete cooperation,

I hazily opened my eyes, an old-fashion radio creating white noise in the background, singing a song I'd recognized from when I was a child. The kids would taunt me with it to scare me.

I'm in a chair, now, a tall splintery chair with a silky cussion on the seat and back.

"She's awake." A voice whispered from my far left. Fear.

Send you roses when they think you need to smile,

"Get over here, She." Another voice cood, from my far left. Regret.

I squinted my eyes towards the voices, "Who's She?" Fear and Regret giggled at my question. "No, really, who's She? I think you've got the wrong person..." The two began to laugh more meniachally.

I can't control myself because I don't know how,

Light shot through the room suddenly, astonishing me with it's sudden outburst, and eerie red glow.

Gee appeared, just then, and began to stride toward me. "Your name is Chaos, don't worry. And you're not the wrong person, we need you, precisely." He smiled, inches away from my face.

"You're our new partner in crime!" Regret laughed, hopping over here, too.

"Partner in crime? What's that supposed to mean?"

And if they love me for it, honestly, I'll be here for a while,

"It means," Fear stepped forward, as well, "you get to decide who to march with, who marches with you, however you have not much a choice as you should be accompanying Mother War at all times. Yet, you can choose who lives, and who dies, in this life after death. Who stays and who goes. Who gets sent to the land of the living and who stays here and mourns. You become a ruler, Chaos, you become one chaotic, hell of a ruler." She put her hands on my trembling shoulders. "Do you, or do you not, choose to become Sister Chaos?"

I shuddered. "No."

So give them blood, blood, gallons of the stuff,

"No?" Gee got closer. "NO? You can't say no! You say no and you die like those before you!"

"No!" I yelled, breaking Fear from my grasp, and pushing Gee to the floor. "I refuse to be apart of this!"

"You already are," Regret chimed in, lightly.

I began to sprint for the tent exit, but a shape stepped in front of me. Mama.

I ripped the mask from her face, and pushed her in the direction of Gee, buying myself a bit of time.

Mama screamed, as smoke flew from her lips, and she scattered along the floor, searching for her mask, blindly.

Give them all that they can drink, and it will never be enough,

"You bastard!" Gee yelled, tossing Mother War her dust-covered gas mask, but she wouldn't move. She lie still on the sandy floor. "You... You killed her! You really are Chaos! Fear, Regret, grab her!"

Before I could move, four dainty, yet strong, hands laced their fingers around my arms, and began dragging me across the floor.

So give them blood, blood, blood,

Kicking and screaming, I was drawn back rowards Gee, who was wiping blood from the corner of his mouth. "You'll pay." He grunted, standing up.

Grab a glass because there's going to be a flood,

Fear and Regret dropped me on the floor in front of Gee, where he placed his foot on my ribcage, slowly crushing my chest and cutting off my breathing. And suddely, just as I thought I would have been crushed to death, Gee pulled me off the ground... so he could try and kill me again.

A celebrated man amongst the gurneys,

He retracted a knife from his back pocket, and slashed it across my upper arm, my neck, and left cheek. I could feel the blood trickling down my torso, burning viciously, and he just stood there, smiling.

"I bet you regret what you did, now, don't you, Chaos?" He grinned, crunching my jaw as he held my chin tinghtly with his hand.

"Not-" I choked, "not one bit."

They can fix me proper with a bit of luck,

"Agh, piece of scum! Your chaotic and selfish ways will be the death of you!"

I coughed, and elbowed him in the jaw. "I'm called Chaos for a reason."

Gee regained his balance, rubbing his jaw. "You bastard,"

The doctors and the nurses they adore me so,

He hopped up and twisted my arms behind my back with his own, bending them at painful angles.

I could feel my bones beginning to snap.

But it's really quite alarming cause I'm such an awful fuck,

"I'm going to kill you, you know." He whispered, taking the hand that wasn't holding my arms together, and placing it on my head, slowly cracking my skull.

"I am aware..." I snorted weakly, blood slowly pooling from my lips.

I gave you blood, blood, gallons of the stuff,

His grip on my skull tightened, then loosened, as I dropped to the floor.

Gee waved his hands, and the smoke wolves I had seen earlier began to prance into the room, then clawing at my already bloodied arms and legs. I could feel their teeth sink in repeatedly, their claws doing the same.

I gave you all that you can drink and it has never been enough,

"Are you ready to die, Miss Chaos? I'll be sure to inform your little friend of your disappearance." He chimed in over the barking and howling.

"I am..." I choked. "But don't you har- harm Paxton, you bloody asshole."

I gave you blood, blood, blood,

"No promises." He laughed, raising his left hand above my head.

The dogs disappeared, Fear and Regret fled the tent, and Mother War de-materialized into the floor.

The black smoke began to escape my lips, I could feel my soul being sucked from my body.

"Any last words, foolish child?"

I shut my eyes and drowned myself in the single atom of life I had left in me.

"I'm the kind of human wreckage that you love."