I Don't Love You

Back at the circus, Gee took Poet into a particularly small tent. Barely enough to house more than five people.

It's probably just a tour he hadn't gotten the chance to take me on.

"You son of a bitch!" Gee's muffled cry could be heard through the crack in the tent flaps, I believe I was the only one around to hear it, though. "You killed Bandit! And the worst part? She wasn't even at the parade, she was too young to come. She can't be here, right now, with me. She's gone forever. Fucking hell. Oh the things I will do to you."

I had made an assumption at this point that this 'Bandit' was Gee's child.

I heard a slap against skin and a cry. "It w-wasn't my f-fault."

"It was so!"

I heard the two battling beneath the tent, it sounded as if Gee had been beating him up, as well.

I wanted t get a closer look at what was going on-

Was this what Paxton meant by following Gee's orders?

Whatever.

I peeked through the flaps of the door...

the room was much larger on the inside than it was on the outside. Blood, body parts, bones etc. were scattered across the gray sandy floor. Along the corner of the walls was pits of fire. Something about the fire looked different than any fire I had seen in this area before...

Oh,

It's... it's color. In all my time here, which has seemed like an eternity, this is the first gilmpse of color I had seen.

It was red and orange and yellow dancing up and down and side to side. It was beautiful. Utterly beautiful.

I may consider coming here another time to observe the vibrant flames.

My focus on the exuberant fire had been cut short by one last scream. "No! Please! I don't want to disappear! I understand I'm already dead... but this is the last stage of life, if you kill me, I'll be gone forever!"

Gee chuckled mischevously, "I'm aware." And with a wave of is leather glove, the black smoke began to swarm around Poet.

By the time the smoke had swam back to Gee's hand, Poet's lifeless body lay silent on the ground. Dirk, cuts and blood were found all over him.

And with one last kick to his no longer beating chest, Gee started making his way to the tent exit.

A hand grabbed my shoulder, ripping me backwards before Gee could burst through the tent flaps.

Paxton. "I heard the whole thing too," she whistled. "We must go. Now." And as soon as Gee was out of view, we sprinted to the main tent of the complex.