Chapter 10 - Something More Suitable

Chapter Ten – Something More Suitable

25th Dec 8:05 AM

No one really came close to me after what happened in the Arena, even the Argonauts tended to keep their distance a little more than usual. I could tell that they didn’t intend to do so, but unconsciously they always stayed a few steps back whenever I went outside my quarters.

I didn’t blame them; it would be a while before they would fully trust me again, but as long as I didn’t have another outburst it wouldn’t be a problem. Since going out into Valhalla meant running the risk of such an event I spent most of my time in the Argonaut’s hall, staying behind from assignments until I had fully recovered from the incident with the Niphal.

As frustrating as it was the isolation gave me a chance to look over the data I had gathered from Groom Lake in peace; the Archons had yet to assign me a tutor so I went for the most part undisturbed. The information was quite detained, as it turns out the B.N.R.D had relatively little knowledge of the Archaeans; a brief document gave only a hazy description of what they were believed to be capable of.

Surprisingly the description the B.N.R.D had was for the most part accurate, describing the physical capabilities of a typical Archaean specifically. As I read on the forearm screen it really dawned on me just how much more I could do than an ordinary human.

Thankfully the Bureau had no information on Valhalla, although it did mention the suspicion that the species was governed by a powerful ruling party. Not bad for human information, but I had no doubt the Archons had all of this already.

The information that really interested me was the employment records, literally thousands of names were listed alphabetically down the screen.

“Take the names of the highest ranking members of the Bureau and add them a new document” I told the device.

“-Directive completed-” the machine responded as the file opened, sixteen names ran down the screen.

“Add names with direct connections to Automaton direction on the 20th of December.”

“-Directive completed-” three more names were added to the list.        

I paused for a moment before giving a final command.

“Add one more name: Eric Tanner.”

“-Directive complete.-”   

I looked over the new list; twenty names stared back at me.

1-      Benjamin Day – Board Member.

2-      Joshua Gray – Board Member.

3-      Adam Stave – Board Member.

4-      Lydia Roth – Board Member.

5-      Joseph Reilly – Board Member.

6-      Matthew Kennedy –Board Member.   

7-      Emily Bellows – Board Member.

8-      Christopher Patterson – Board Member.

9-      James Robinson – Board Member.

10-   Christopher Killian – Board Member.

11-  Sampson White – Board Member.

12-  Victoria Woodman – Board Member.

13-  Jacob Ashcroft – Colonel, Director.

14-  Damon ‘Salazar’ Shadford – Captain, Snr. Field Operator.