Chapter 15 - Dealings

Chapter Fifteen – Dealings

1st Jan 1:03 AM

“-Approaching target destination, 6 Hallow Park Road.-”

I slowed down, almost hovering in place as I searched out the house among the suburbs. It was odd to be home, I could see the main city towering not that far away. Rebecca’s house was backed directly onto the woods on the outskirts of the city, easy access if you wanted to drop by inconspicuously from the air.      

Looping around her house to approach from the trees I dropped down and started weaving between the trunks, dropping into a walk. I emerged into the yard behind the house; Rebecca was sitting on the porch amongst the disassembled pieces of her motorbike, staring at them in absolute focus. I watched for a few moments as she picked up a few of the pieces, fitting them together into larger components. Ally stepped out of the house, her eyes locking onto me instantly.

“David!” she cried happily, waving. Her sister dropped the parts she was holding and span around, seeing me as well.

I waved, “Hey.”

“What are you wearing?” Rebecca asked, staring at my armour.

“Nice to see you too” I chuckled, walking over.

She walked to the door holding it open for me to step inside “Sorry, better to be away from prying eyes.”  

I nodded, stepping inside.

“Thanks again for letting me crash” I said to them, “but you should know you’re harbouring a fugitive from three races. I know; I have some explaining to do.”

She threw me a box of pizza from the couch “It can wait for a little, eat first.”

I grinned, sitting down on the couch beside them before grabbing a slice and wolfing it down. Each of the girls picked up another box, taking a little more time than me. When I finished the last piece I sat back, waiting for them to also finish before I told them what had been happening.

“I learned that there are two other species on earth than just humans. In a nutshell there are the Archaeans who are mostly good, and the Niphal who are anything but. These two have been at war for ten thousand years or so, but the Archaeans have been losing. As a last ditch effort the leaders of the Archaeans made a machine that can wipe out life on the planet, with themselves being safe behind the walls of their city. Because they need me to use this machine I was sent to live with humans as a child in case the Niphal discovered their last city in the meantime. They found me and brought me to their city a little after I left you guys. They told me it would just kill Niphal though, I learned out about the total extermination thing later.”

“Wait, how could there be other species on our planet?” Rebecca asked, “We would have noticed by now.”

“Technically it’s the Archaean’s planet, they came before humans. Anyway after I nearly killed myself taking out the Niphal ship that crashed down near Miami they took me unconscious back to their city and cloned me. After I learned the truth they tried to kill me, I managed to escape and make my way back to Miami where the Niphal attacked a second time. I managed to stop them with the help of some humans from the organisation that killed Liz. After the Niphal were dead I was captured and taken to the human’s headquarters at Alcatraz, then I escaped and came here. In the morning I’m going to meet up with some friends I made during my time in the Archaean city to find this machine and destroy it.”

They both sat for a moment, absorbing this while I leaned back in the chair.

“Wow” Ally Breathed.