16

part sixteen,
two-hundred and ninety-eight days before- ;

the last thing eunbin had expected on a lazy monday morning, was to receive a phone call from the hospital stating that jungkook had grown incredibly ill. the girl was overwhelmed, she was worried as she hurriedly slipped on a pair of sneakers and ran out of the door of her small apartment.

"oh jungkook," she whispered to the sickly boy, running her fingertips through his mattered locks, clinging with sweat "i knew something wasn't right about you yesterday."

eunbin's eyes grew wet with tears, threatening to spill as she watched the maknae's eyes flutter in his slumber. using her free hand she adjusted the wet cloth sprawled across his forehead, and even as her fingertips grazed his soft skin, it alighted herself with a flame.

"miss?" a small voice whispered from behind them, and there stood a voluptuous girl cradling a notebook and a stack of pens. eunbin was quick to wipe away any stray tears, she found it pathetic that she was crying over something as small as a fever.

"it's okay to cry" the same girl whispered, dropping her supplies onto the bench in jungkook's hospital room and scrambling over to where eunbin was seated. the curvaceous girl sat beside eunbin, placing her palm on her shoulder in a comforting manner, but eunbin felt no comfort as she continued to run her fingertips through jungkook's hair. 

"who even are you?" eunbin replied in a whisper, not wanting to wake up her sickly boyfriend as his face grew paler by the second, more than it already was.

"i'm haneul, i'm a nurse in training here and i just wanted to make sure you were okay" the girl replied, slowly taring her palm away from eunbin's shoulder and placing it delicately in her jean-clad lap.

"well i didn't ask for it" eunbin snapped, resulting in haneul flinching away in shock, as she didn't know what she had done wrong?

"well i will just leave then" haneul whispered quietly, instantly noticing jungkook shift in his slumber from eunbin's loud words. eunbin didn't take any notice as she watched haneul shuffle over to her notepad and pens, the girl biting her lip nervously, afraid that she was going to get mad at her again.

"who's voice was that?" jungkook muttered groggily, the sweat pooling on his hairline as he sleepily opened his eyes. eunbin turned around in shock from his sudden words, eyes wide as she watched jungkook gaze over to the direction of the doorway, where haneul just was.

"just some nobody."