Dangerous Bitch (5)

Layla

It's been several hours since I left Aiden, I still have no idea where I am going to sleep, sighing I head towards the school. Where my space is has a blind spot in the camera so they won't know. I park, feeling defeated and slightly bad for not thanking Aiden but oh well. I get out and grab a blanket and pillow form the boot and make myself comfortable, setting the alarm to 6. I needed to get up before the students got here but after the teachers so I could use the gym showers to get ready.

I can not believe I was so weak earlier, so weak. I fell into the awaiting darkness easily and in front of Aiden of all people! He knows so much already, he hasn't even been here a month!! Grunting I roll over in the back seat letting sleep take over.

~

BEEP! BEEEEP! BEEP! BEEEEP! Groaning I am for my bed side table, only to realise I'm in my car. What? Oh yeah, dad and Aiden blah blah.

I have 4 missed calls from dad, 16 texts which I deleted and 5 missed calls from an unknown number. I can't even be bothered to find out who it is.

I grab my blanket, pillow and phone, unlock my car and put the first two in my big gym bag, zipping so if Amelia goes in the boot she won't know I've left home. I feel empty, hollow and more of a bitch than usual. I didn't even know that was possible.

I grab my smaller bag which I always keep in the boot anyway, which has my shower gel, shampoo and all that rubbish, I go back into my gym bag and pull out my long black socks and black heeled ankle boots with my red checked skirt and a black top, the amount of black reflecting my mood.

I put all of this in my large handbag and head towards the school showers. I take my time in there, slathering in my shampoo. Doing my best so know one knows that I'm basically homeless. I still can not believe he hit me, like actually hit me! How am I meant to cover this bruise up? Ughhh.

After I'm dry and clothed, I look at myself in the mirror the bruise is ugly with shades of yellow, green and purple, I take my make up and by the time I'm done its barley visible. I stare at myself in the mirror, outside I'm flawless, gorgeous but my interior is dark and broken. I seem determined, bitchy and focused but on the inside I'm lost, venerable and beyond repair.

I'm like a black hole, if I push people away they won't get hurt but if they get close they get dragged deeper and deeper into the darkness. And once the darkness has you there is no escape.

I shake off my thoughts and leave with a brand new determination.

After I sort my boot out, making sure there is no trace of me staying there, I check my phone, I have 2 messages.

Sweetie, I am so so so so so sorry, I have no idea what I was thinking. Please come home. - Dad

Hey, its Aiden. Where u stayin? R U OK? - unknown

I ignore both.

I drive to Amelia's and honk twice, letting her know I'm here and wait. She walks out in a pink crop top and white jeans and pink heels. Why is she always so girlie?

"Hello missus death." she greets, I grunt, not trying to be social.

She understands and smiles sympathetically, leaving me to brood in silence.

Aiden

I am unusually worried, where is she? God why is she so stubborn? If she would just except the room at my house for a few weeks, I'll get what I want, her, and she gets away from her house. It's perfect. 

I'm shocked to find Layla's car already here at school, I'm early for football practise and no one else is here. I park away from her car, out of her line of sight but she isn't in her car. I look at the time and see I have 15 minutes before practise starts so I sit and I wait.

After 5 minutes she walks, or struts is more appropriate, to her car. She looks different. More determined. She looks like one dangerous bitch.

Her episode at my house has just made me more intrigued. I want to know everything. Then I want her.

I wonder where she slept last night and why she's here so early. Hmmm.

I exit my car and head to practise. I need the distraction, I need the burn in my muscles, I need the racing of my heart and the sweat glistening on my skin. 

-  

I'm sitting in the canteen watching Layla from afar, she's walking through the crowds with Amelia. Face void of any emotion. People avoid her like the plague, obviously catching on to her mood. She looks great today but is wearing a lot of black. Her heels click along the floor and she whispers something in Amelia's ear and carries on walking past our table. Amelia sits but my eyes are glued to Layla who is walking towards a guy who looks a little older than us lot and runs her hand down his chest, he smiles and flirts with her. Rage boils in my chest..

I storm over, grabbing the guy by the collar and hurl him away from Layla who is about to whisper something in his ear.

"What the fuck!" The guy shouts, "I didn't know she had a boyfriend man sorry!" He says, I glare at him and turn to Layla.

"What do you think you are doing? News flash sweetie you ain't my boyfriend or anything close. Got it?" I blink at her and everything I have just done sinks in.

"Don't be a fool Layla." Is all I say before walking off, I can't wait any longer. Why? why everything? Why no kisses on lips? Why no hugs?

At the end of the day I march to her car, I call her name before she gets in. I press her against the side and crash my lips to hers.

I expect her to kiss back but instead she goes limp.